Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

prayers wanted (needed)

stringleech

PMA Member
i know that i have a great group of brothers on this site and again im needing some prayers.. i was kinda absent from here last year as i didnt draw and if you havent ever lived outside of Iowa and not been able to come to Iowa to hunt you would know how it feels to come in here and see all the action you guys are having and not be able to enjoy, kinda makes you stay away.. but anyway just got the good news that i drew again for this fall...now comes the prayer part. May 22 started out as a great morning, got up at 0415 was getting ready to take the wife out for her second day turkey hunt, went into the bathroom and got a twinge of a headache, nothing to severe wasnt gonna stay home from the hunt by no means but when i went to wash my face i only saw half of it in the mirror. Needless to say hour later I was in a helicopter headed to hosptial with a brain bleed which caused me to have a stroke. Goodnews is it didnt knock me down to bad, i have a little issue with my left eye that is keeping me homebound for awhile and i cant really do anything until i get this fixed, including bow shooting which sucks but is better than the alternative. So its with this going on that i get the notice today that I drew.. need lots of prayers taht i can get this thing fixed now and hopefully preserve some sick time at work to take me through, i guess i just need the prayers to get back to work asap and in good health. i know i have met some prayer warriors in here and i really need them now..ill try to keep you updated, i have apt july 10 to see if this clot in my head is absorbed enough so the doc can fix it, prayer for that day will be awesome, that it can be fixed in the least invasive way possible,, there are a few ways to fix it depending on what they find the 10th... i just really want to avoid the surgery if at all possible but have to do what doc said.. he said an inch either side of where this is and im gone so im thankful for what i have...just reaching out to some brother hunters and friends in Iowa .. ill keep you updated.. and thanks in advance

Scary stuff man. Things like this are a reality check and can really make you assess what's important in your life.
My prayers are with you. Do the best you can and try to stay positive.

Be well.

Prayers for you and your loved ones sent your way. I wish you a speedy and full recovery.

Gregg,

Will have you in our family's thoughts in the weeks-months ahead. Be strong in your faith, best wishes IW brother.

Wow, you just never know what the next day will bring. I just said a prayer for you and will keep you in my prayers.

May God bless you with an fast recovery so you can be a strong and faithful servant. And enjoy a great time in this beautiful state of Iowa. Go God go!

Top Bottom