Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Primos Buck Roar "Snort Wheeze"

NebraskaWhitetail

Can anyone describe how to use the "snort wheeze" on a Primos Buck Roar?

Just got one and it came with an instructional mini-DVD. The problem is that the only DVD player I have is on my laptop and my folks took that to Baltimore for a few weeks while my Mom is having cancer surgery.

Just curious if you are supposed to do anything special to make it work. I tried blowing into it and not much happened ...
confused.gif

The snort wheeze section of the call is only there to amplify your sound that you make with your mouth. That is all. Kind of hard to describe but if you have Realtree Roadtrips season 2. Mr Waddell calls in a buck with the snort wheeze with only using his mouth and I just tried to copy the sound he was making

Yeah, it just amplifies the sound you make. Blow two short blasts through it as if you're trying to get a fly out of your face, then do a third one right behind them and draw it out for about 6 seconds, like a long exhale.

Gimme your phone number, I'll call it and leave snort wheezes on your answering machine all day tomorrow while you're at work.

[ QUOTE ]

Gimme your phone number, I'll call it and leave snort wheezes on your answering machine all day tomorrow while you're at work.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a awesome plan Muddy
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Boy, that'd be something to come home to!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Thanks for the advice. I'll give it some practice...

I guess I heard it described as this

Put your top teeth on your bottom lip them blow pretty hard and there is a little "hsssssss" Do 2 small short bursts and then a long 6 second burst and gradually fade it out.

Basically blow through your teeth.

Some people have bigger gaps between their teeth than others... if I try that I'll blow my ear drums out.
blush.gif

Phh. Phhh. Phhhhhhhh.

That is spelled from something I saw. It sounds the best if you cut the end of the sound off. Just like a duck call. CRISP! use your tounge to stop the air going into it.

Dean

[ QUOTE ]
Some people have bigger gaps between their teeth than others... if I try that I'll blow my ear drums out.
blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you trying to say Muddy
shocked.gif
grin.gif

Anybody having any luck using the snort wheeze or roar call? I have tried the last two times out along with some rattling with no luck.I think there may be to many does in the area,but the only shots I have had at them have been little ones that still have milk on there lips!

I haven't had any luck rattling or with the Buck Roar yet. We still have too much corn in where we are at. I have had a few 2.5 year olds and younger around but that is it.

Top Bottom