Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Problem with Moultrie camera

biggest buck

I have a D-40 I believe it is and when I put it up in Sept for the first time I left it for 2 weeks. When I went back the only pics I had of it were of me hanging it. I thought maybe there just werent any deer in the spot even though I had a bag of Cmere deer hanging in front of it, that was empty when I checked camera. So I moved it to a scrape and began getting some pics. Checked it a few more times and kept getting a few pics, just not the amount I thought I should have been getting. Well I moved it to a new spot 2 weeks ago and went in to exchange the SD card. Set the camera up and watched it register 3 new pics of me walking by. Closed it up and went back today only to find no pics except the 3 of me putting it up. Now I know there were a bunch of deer and even a bobcat directly in front of it due to all the tracks in the fresh snow.
So has anyone else had this problem with this camera in particular. I'm seriously thinking about taking it back and exchaning it for a different brand. This is my 3rd Moultrie and have yet to be impressed with any of them. But to be fair my second one was stolen after only a month of use.

I had that Problem with a D40 once. I took it back and got a new one and it works just fine. If you want a Moultrie to impress you get the D55. Best camera for the money

You can either take it back and swap it out at the retailer or pay to have it shipped to Moultrie and they will send you a new D50, since the D40 is no longer in existence. I opted for the latter and got the D50. You must have the receipt and it must still be under warranty. I lucked out and made the warranty deadline by a matter of days.

D 40s are junk ours worked great then slowly started acting up, (no pics, no flash,white out ,ripped through batteries) had 12 of them ,all have been replaced by d50 by moutrie still under warranty.
Nice customer service thou

Well I pulled the camera yesterday only to find this time it had taken 602 pictures! I just dont get how sometimes it takes pics and other times it wont take any. Even though I got a bunch of pics this time I still think I'm going to exchange it.
The pics I did get were pretty cool. I got some of the Bobcat, a few where hes in a tree above the corn bucket watching a young broken antlered buck eat. One real nice 8 pointer that will be a stud next year. Had several other bucks there to, the broken antlered buck was at the bucket for 4 days straight off and on throughout the day and night.

I had that Problem with a D40 once. I took it back and got a new one and it works just fine. If you want a Moultrie to impress you get the D55. Best camera for the money

I'd have to agree with Tyler. I had the d50 and for some reason the flash quiet working after about 3000 pictures. I took it back to the store and the same thing happened with the new camera, 3000 pictures or so and the flash quits. 3rd time i said screw it and upgraded to the d55, and I won't go back. Very good camera for 110.00.

Top Bottom