Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Proud New Owner of a Mathews Outback

26monkey.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I'll give ya a couple of bucks for it. I need a new anchor for my pond fishing boat.
HEHEHE

[/ QUOTE ]

bigshock.gif
Super!!! I thought I was suposed to stir the ****. That was cold. Hee-Hee.

mp_dush.gif

OKAY! I GOTTA COME CLEAN! I am one of the lucky ones who actually switched from Hoyt to Mathews. I test shot the new Hoyt's vs. the new Mathews Outback in the archery shop for over an hour. I was a die hard Hoyt fan too. Even have the license plates that read HOYT USA. The Outback is the sweetest shooting bow I've owned. I thought with it being a smaller bow I might have problems, but with the higher brace height (7 5/8")and absolutely NO RECOIL I've noticed improvement in my confidence and groupings. I will consider Hoyt again some day if they can replicate the smoothness of this Outback. Every day I'm amazed by it. I seriously hope the cam issue doesn't arise. So far, so good. I still like Hoyt but they can't compete with this little gem by Mathews.

Talked to a rep from Mathews and talked to him about my problem. He said the exact same thing that you said Rudd. It is very common with one cam bows. I did look at the new X-tec from hoyt and it is a very nice bow. On the other hand I shot the dealers new Outback and fell in love. No recoil, smooth shooting and FAST!!! What is a guy to do?? Maybe I'll get both. You can send donations to my cheking account and use it for a charity tax write off. Just send me a PM on how much money you are sending and I'll send you a thank you
grin.gif

lxshooter,
Let me know what you decide. The Outback is pretty sweet isn't it? Don't know of another bow out there that has that low of a recoil. Plus I could hold that 80% let off for days. My shoulder never seems to get tired, even with a 70 lb. draw.

I'm going to try that stuff that Rudd mentioned. I haven't had any serving come loose yet but figure it can't hurt to prevent it from happening.

I absolutely love my outback. Like everyone has said smooth shooting. I'm shooting my best groups ever. It has really increased my confidence.

Firedog, I'm sorry to hear that, I'm sure we can get you into some kind of rehab program to correct the issue. Curious, what all models did you try out on the hoyt's? I shoot the ultratec + Elite bows, they are smooth in my opinion and I have spiral cams on them. The Elite espically, silky smooth, no recoil, again just curious.
Thanks

The Outback was the only Mathews bow that I shot. I compared that model to the Hoyt Ultratec, Supertec, and Xtec. I narrowed it down between the Xtec and the Outback and there really was a difference in shot recoil and smoothness. I shot a Ultratec for the last 3 years and was ready for a shorter (hunting) bow. I figured if I was going to spend that much money on a bow that I would have an open mind. Bottom line is that the Outback was equally as smooth on the draw and it won out over the Xtec on shot recoil. Plus the Outback has a bigger brace height (7 5/8 vs. 7) and also is just as fast. I chronographed my 371 grain arrow yesterday. Set at 70 lbs. and a 30" draw (80% let-off) the arrow clocked at 302 - 303 ft/sec. Like I said before, I will keep looking for the new Hoyt's and test them out, but they don't quite measure up to the Outback.

grin.gif

p.s. I WILL need rehab! I'm still driving around with HOYT USA license plates.
confused.gif

I shot the Outback again today and can't get over how smooth it is. I shoot about the same groups as my LX but the let off and no recoil is really starting to win me over. You can hold the Outback for days and the speed is amazing. I decided today that is what I'm going with. Sorry Hoyt.

I didn't get chance to shoot my Outback for a week and finally got a chance to shoot today. The first thing that popped into my head after I fired my first shot was the absolute lack of recoil that bow has. There is absolutley no shock or vibration in the grip when you shoot. If you haven't shot one you should, even if you hate Mathews bows and will never buy one, you should shoot one just for the fun of it.
grin.gif
I think they raised the bar with this one.

Top Bottom