Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Public land success

ReinertsonTaxidermy

I don't post here a
deer1-1.jpg
lot but enjoy looking at harvest photos so I thought I would share mine. On Oct. 19 I decided to try a piece of public ground to hunt so I wouldn't contaminate my private areas. I've never been there before and just looked at the topo map and areial photos to get a start. I walked in and found an area surrounded by rubs and scrapes and saw a straight tree so that's where I decided to sit. At 5:15 I saw the first buck working a scrape 30 yards away. In the next hour I had 9 more bucks walk by me within bow range. Most forkies and basket racks with 2 nice 8 points around 120". Then I saw this buck working a scrape 60 yards away, I gave him a grunt and he walked right to me on a rope! I stopped him at 20 yards and put a double lung shot on him. He is my biggest buck with a bow and I couldn't be happier. His bases are covered in tree bark and he grossed at 145". It's been a great season so far, I've arrowed 3 does and I hope to finally fill my fall turkey tag. The best part is when I took him to the taxidermist he had just finished last years mounts and I was the first to bring him one so he said I'll have it back in a little over a month. Sorry the pic is so blurry, my camera is having issues.

[ QUOTE ]
Pic kinda looks like before I got my glasses.

[/ QUOTE ]

That should be added to the list of classic one-liners for this site. Made me laugh out loud.

Top Bottom