Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Put 2 cams out today....

and oh my god the mosquitos!!! :mad: :confused: Talk about an infestation down in the timber. I have never worked so fast in my life because if you stopped moving, you got eaten alive. Managed to get the 2 I had put up. Put the 1 right where I wanted to, but put the other one a little ways away from where I wanted it. Shouldn't matter too much since they should come to the feed. I used a 40 lb. bag of corn and dumped some Deer Cain on the piles. Hopefully I'll get some photos of a few brutes, but I'd be surprised. Just kinda want to see what's out there.

How often do you guys check them? Figure there's about 20 lb of corn by each camera, which isn't much really. I work the next 4 or 5 days. Figured on my next day off, I'll go pull the cards/recharge the batteries. Anyone know where a guy can buy the rechargeable batteries that they take? My cams are Moultries and they're probably about 5 years old.

Id give the cams at least a week. I have seen those type batteries at bass pro. If your batteries are fully charged you should get a few weeks from them though.

If they are the moultrie 6 battery D Cells, they will last about 12 weeks and take around 2,000 photos.

Best advice I have is go to Wal-Mart in the camping section. They have head nets that go over your hat and down on your shoulders to keep the skeeters off of your neck and face. I think I paid $3.00 for mine. I use it often while running cameras and fishing this time of year. A good mineral site will draw in more deer with less pics of coons and squirrels than a corn pile but both will work. Can't wait to see some pics! :way:

Top Bottom