Quality Whitetails

Ghost

Life Member
For those of you that have yet to join the QDMA I will tell you this.....

"Quality Whitetails" is an awesome magizine and worth the membership all by itself.

I better have a couple of free hours if I sit down with that magizine. Lots of great information is provided.
grin.gif

On a side note...congrats to our very own Old Buck for his picture with four bow killed mature does making the June issue.

Congrats Larry!
waytogo.gif

One of the articles was about a neighborhood QDM co-op formed in Southern Michigan. They actually had enough people in the local area to practice QDM that they started shooting bucks that didn't seem possible for that area of the state.

Has anyone on the site had any luck forming a QDM co-op with other land owners in your area?

Just curious to hear...
grin.gif

I got one group up here to sort of start leaning towards QDM. I don't hunt with them but do shed hunt some of there areas, and always swing through to see how the gun slaughter went first season. Last year, there were basket racks everywhere in the barn. I gave the guys I knew hell about it and tried to explain the whole idea of a dead deer don't grow... Well wouldn't you know it, this year they put down a few rules, and the quality went up!!! No big leaps, but a step in the right direction. Of course they had to hunt until Wed. instead of the usual Sunday and done. Last year they had 18 or so bucks, no does, and about half basket racks, maybe one over 140. This year again 18 or so bucks, 6 does, no basket racks, 2 over 150, 5 over 130. Quite an improvement to say the least. Can't wait to see how they do next year.

Ogz,
thats huge if you figure 9 basket racks that would usually be hanging in the barn are out there growing. Good Job!

I made the same post a few months ago- great magazine for anyone interested in deer. Some very specific topics that you never see other places.

I thought the same thing about the "Quality Whtetails" magazine. Look forward to some good reading! Ever since I became a PMA memeber I let my other Whitetail subscriptions run out. Becomeing a PMA member and now a QDM memeber and getting this magazine is all worth it.

Quality Whitetails is an awesome magazine. You can also buy back issues.

mike

Back