Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

question on fence

wegner36

i have a stand and food plot in an old pasture...which has an old fence that still runs about 2/3 it's perimeter, my food plot lays about 30 yards from the fence...there is a trail that comes up to the fence and crosses it, at the crossing point the fence is probably 3-3 1/2 feet tall, do you think it would benefit to remove the fence? i realize that the deer that wanted cross into the plot will, but do you think it inhibits any of the other deer that may cross but decide not to?

Grab a couple of large zip-ties and make it a prefered crossing location.
waytogo.gif

I would do that as well. Crunch down the fence right at the trail, and stand it up as best you can for 100 yards each way. The deer will be more likely to funnel to that crossing. Plus, fence crossings are AWESOME trail cam spots.

Dean

[ QUOTE ]

waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sound the bell!! We have a winner!

I have a few other secrets I use to get them to cross in an area,but that is for another day!!

[ QUOTE ]

waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

thats what id do....
taking the fence down this time of year might be too much of a disruption. i realize you prolly didnt plan on that, but it might be a real b*&^% to take out anytime and zip ties might be easiest and you can do that now!!!

good luck

[ QUOTE ]
I would do that as well. Crunch down the fence right at the trail, and stand it up as best you can for 100 yards each way. The deer will be more likely to funnel to that crossing. Plus, fence crossings are AWESOME trail cam spots.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, awesome trail cam spots
2521WY_8pt.JPG

2521WY_9_pt.JPG

I have have twisted the top strand and the next one down together for years on fences to make easier crossings by stand sites and have had great luck.Just don't do it if it is used to hold in cattle.

this stuff is woven, and it is "semi" beat down already, i didn't know how much it ouwld benefit me to lower it more

I wouldn't take it down, the deer might be alarmed to that being different, Iwould just crunch it dowm in one spot. this is usually what I have done.

Top Bottom