Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company
In the price range of the $1299-$1999, what is the best reliable bike for the average hunter?
I would point you towards a Rambo Savage - Mid-drive motor so a lot more torque and hill climbing power than a rear hub only bike - We have two different colors in stock - $1999 professionally assembled and ready to go with service to back it up

I would point you towards a Rambo Savage - Mid-drive motor so a lot more torque and hill climbing power than a rear hub only bike - We have two different colors in stock - $1999 professionally assembled and ready to go with service to back it up
How many watts is that one?

If you want to ride your bike on the streets and bike paths - a cheaper hub-drive is fine.
If you want to climb hills without pedaling - get a mid-drive
If you want to go completely off the path & up steeper hills - then get a bigger 1000W mid-drive or go All-Wheel-Drive.

I bought 2 Rambo Ebike from gunrunr 3 years ago and they have been great bikes, have not had any issues with either bike, Battery has held charge great. Wife and I will take them to bike trails across Iowa during the summer and have been able to go easy 30 + miles while using 20% assisted power & still have up to 40-50% when we get back to the truck.
I know if I ever had an issue gunrunr would take care of me.

Several years ago I purchased a QuietKat at Scheels, very 1st time I took it to my hunting grounds the rear hub stripped out. Took it back to Scheels the same day and they quickly diagnosed the issue, at that point I had lost all confidence in the bike, especially considering what the thing cost, was thankful to have purchased it at Scheels, no problem returning it. I would assume that the weak part has been redesigned by now.

I am buying a QuietKat from a buddy but after reading this post I'm a little concerned. His bike is about 6 years old and only has 12 hours on it. He says the battery lasts a long time. It's a 750W and mid drive. I'm getting it cheap and I hope it works ok. New batteries for this bike are $700, so not cheap.

I am now a Rambo Certified Warranty Provider with several common parts on hand and have purchased diagnostic tools like a special E-bike battery tester. Gives more peace of mind when you purchase your bikes here that they are set-up correctly and we can fix them if you break something.

Top Bottom