Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Quiver

R

Ruben

What quiver does everone use? Quick-detach or one that fastens and why?

I use a quick detach. I take it off my bow while in my bind turkey hunting. I leave it on during deer season. I like the versatility.

Quick detach. I like to be able to remove it while on stand so as to reduce the amount of noise when I shoot. The way I look at quivers, there are no quite ones. Some are just noisier than others. Yes, they make some pretty good ones that probably don't make enough noise to worry about but that is what I use and why.
893USA1-thumb[1].gif

I use a quick detach also and always take it off when shooting or hunting. Mine isn't too noisy when I shoot, but I don't like the extra weight when trying to hold my bow arm steady.

NWBuck

i always have a quick detach, because i always shoot and hunt with my quiver off, if i have my bow in my lap, the quiver just gets in the way, always have another arrow by my side for a quick grab in case something goes wrong
smile.gif

My quiver is attached and non removable in the stand. I used to have a quick detach but found this to be better for me

I second what Shredder says.

Here are the reasons why I went to a nondetchable quiver, I could never find a good spot to hang it from once I got into a stand; if I left it on it was very noisey; I broke the set screw that holds it on; it mounted in a way that left the bottom of my arrows sticking way below my cam; Mathews quiver is quieter attached and full of arrows than the detachable one was detached, I don't know how to say it, but the part that was left on the bow seemed to make noise, could have been the set screw, and last but not least, it was a bugger to reattach in the dark. Most of these problems could have been brand related, but I spent the money for the Mathews quiver and haven't looked back.

The 'Bonker

Top Bottom