Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rack Repair

I know how to repair a broken tine and such, but the buck I got saturday crashed so hard when I shot him that he snapped the whole right side off just between the base and G1&2. I mean like it shattered, it blew a whole chunk out of the back half of the beam and I cant find it anywhere. So now I have about 1in of antler that matches up to where it broke and a 3in chunk about half the width of beam missing on the back side. Any suggestions on what to do with this?

Put the 2 pieces together with some redi-rod and epoxie. Then get some apoxie sculpt from VanDykes or elsewhere and sculpt in the missing antler. After it sets up you can paint to match.

antler repair

Do like shovlbuck said. Drill a hole in both sides and epoxy a peice of all thread in there. Make the hole big enough to give you some freedom of movement in order to line up the peices while the epoxy is drying. Once it has set, file down any high spots and fill with epoxy sculpt. let it set for about 15 minutes to half hour and add your patterns. Follow any creases in the antler and add any bumps that you need to with a small peice of putty a bit smaller then a BB. You will need to soften the look a bit with a small hobby brush wet with laquer thinner. I'm not sure where your'e located but if you are near Wellman, I would be happy to help you out. I have all the colors you would need to match the antler shade as well as all the supplies.

Corey

Top Bottom