Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rage Bands

Jdubs

Have any Rage fans out there tried Rage bands to help blade retention? I saw these things and wonder if they hinder blade deployment. I tried the new shock collars and don't like them.

Rage bands? Explain if you would... I even tried searching to see what you were talking about and came up empty...all I saw were replacement o-rings and shock collars... i haven't tried the shock collars. I don't seem to have any issues with blade deployment. I keep my arrow in my quiver until l I get in the stand and put the arrow back in the quiver when I get out. Sales gimic to idiot proof their broadheads imho. But rage is all I will shoot.. goin with the rage extreme this fall

Rudd, go to ebay and search rage broadheads and you will see a few offers to buy these bands. I'm a little slow on the uptake sometimes but I can't figure out if the bands are only to help blade retention in the quiver or do you shoot with them?

rage broadheads

I used them this year, they retain the blades well. I do alot of stalking and and was really tired of looking down and seeing one or both of the blades open,,,the bands took care of this! I wacked a buck this season and the blades deployed,,,I checked it out also before and they deployed with the band going into a well used area of my target so I wasnt worried. Just wish the rages would stay deployed if not a pass thru, I droped down to 50lbs this past year and if these 2 blade rages dont pass thru they dont do harm like a fixed blade!!!! I hit that buck hard, caught abit of the rear of the shoulder blade, took a nick out of a rib, made it thru both lungs. one blade had already closed up(must of been going thru ribs) and the other stayed open thru both lungs! ThankGod!!! I wacked a doe, almost the same shot, same stand, but with my muzzy 3blade 100gr, thru shoulder!! thru rib, (chiseltip caught center of rib and broke it in two), then caught only the first lung, never made it any farther. I wacthed that doe run 100yds arrow churning away and pile up! gutted her and even my kid said looked like I took a egg beater to her vitals,,,that muzzy tore her up going in circles as she ran!! I gutted that buck and the only damage was from travel path of arrow,,,I didnt have the new chisel tip rage,,thus the clancing of a rib,,and the first lung had tip hole and one slice,,second blade was closed already, same with second lung. the vital area was not tore up at all!!! The buck went 150yds watched him go down, entry hole was huge of course and blood galore,,,,the doe went 100yds,,watched her fall and crash 2or3 times not as much blood as the rage kill, (it was all in her, just poured out when I put the knive too her)!! just wished they made that rage stay open after deployment it be a heckof a blade then.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Rage is a German heavy metal band, formed in 1984. They were part of the German heavy/speed/power metal scene to emerge in the early to mid-1980s, along with bands such as Helloween, Running Wild and Blind Guardian.

thanks for the helpful info Tamjid! :D

Rage is a German heavy metal band, formed in 1984. They were part of the German heavy/speed/power metal scene to emerge in the early to mid-1980s, along with bands such as Helloween, Running Wild and Blind Guardian.

Reminds me of those "Bing" commercials where everybody just starts reciting all the search results for words used in conversation. Wierd. ;)

Top Bottom