Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rage Broadheads

MOhunter

I would like to swith to these but my expierence in the past with expandables is that they don't penetrate well. Love the accuracy but not preformance. Any suggestions on good preforming expandables.

any type head, if it doesnt hit ribs will pass through.
if an expandable hits bone of any kind, the chances of complete penetration are much smaller....

so i stick with Muzzy's for that very reason.....
i want all the cards in my favor!

I just starting shooting the Rage 2 Blade this year and can't complain so far....love the entry holes!

Entry_Wound.JPG

I have had excellent penetration with Rocky Mountain expandables. Since Rage bought Rocky Mountain I am hoping that they will perform as well.0

I have had excellent penetration with Rocky Mountain expandables. Since Rage bought Rocky Mountain I am hoping that they will perform as well.

I think that Rage broadheads are great besides the penetration issue under certain circumstances but I bought the 2 blade 3 pack a month ago and have used 2 out of the pack so I went to Gander Mountain they were out. They told me they were backordered till Dec. So I went to Cabelas they are also out and they told me that Rage's machine that makes them is down so they are behind on orders. Just wondered if in Iowa you guys were able to get your hands on them.

I can't complain about them so far, I haven't hit any major bone yet though /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Limb Chicken</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jak Hammers. </div></div>

Ditto... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Here's my take. I shot jakhammers last year for the first time. Shot three deer with them with great results. Three pass thru's and three heads still in tact. Up until last year I shot muzzy four blades and killed a few deer with them as well. Never had a problem with them either.

This year I will be trying out Slick Tricks. No shots fired yet. I also would like to try out the new Piston Point heads. Lone Wolf's review was impressive and I like the concept of a rear deploying expandable. The Piston Points are made tough and with a 1.5" cutting diameter three blade, they should also leave some pretty impressive holes.

I know a ton of people shooting Rage 2-blades this year. I was going to shoot them as well but I think the Piston Points should be a much better head. Reason being: I have a lot of people complaining about the Rage's opening and flopping around in the quiver. This is due to the o-ring getting worn or whatever. I also don't trust the slip cam design 100%. Lack of pass thru's also bothers me but the entry holes have been huge from the Rage's. I talked to a guy last week that shot a very nice eight point and hit him square in the shoulder with a Rage. He said the arrow only got about 3 inches of penetration and the Rage itself exploded.

Any head will do the trick as long as you hit them in the right spot. Which isn't always the case. I prefer a solid, strong broadhead for safe measure.

Jakhammers for me.

Now if I can just find some replacement blades locally! Neither F&F nor Scheel's have them. I think I'll buy another set of heads rather than pay $12.00 for blades + $10.00 shipping off the internet. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Thanks for all the info on the different kinds out there. Have to make the tuff decision now between Jackhammers and Rage 2 Blade.

Was going to post this earlier but forgot. I've had GREAT luck with 3 bladed Rocket Hammerheads. I've got pass throughs with most of my shots, but not all. The damage they inflict is insane. Here's the exit hole on a doe I shot this year.

hole.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jjohnson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's my take. I shot jakhammers last year for the first time. Shot three deer with them with great results. Three pass thru's and three heads still in tact. Up until last year I shot muzzy four blades and killed a few deer with them as well. Never had a problem with them either.

This year I will be trying out Slick Tricks. No shots fired yet. I also would like to try out the new Piston Point heads. Lone Wolf's review was impressive and I like the concept of a rear deploying expandable. The Piston Points are made tough and with a 1.5" cutting diameter three blade, they should also leave some pretty impressive holes.

I know a ton of people shooting Rage 2-blades this year. I was going to shoot them as well but I think the Piston Points should be a much better head. Reason being: I have a lot of people complaining about the Rage's opening and flopping around in the quiver. This is due to the o-ring getting worn or whatever. I also don't trust the slip cam design 100%. Lack of pass thru's also bothers me but the entry holes have been huge from the Rage's. I talked to a guy last week that shot a very nice eight point and hit him square in the shoulder with a Rage. He said the arrow only got about 3 inches of penetration and the Rage itself exploded.

Any head will do the trick as long as you hit them in the right spot. Which isn't always the case. I prefer a solid, strong broadhead for safe measure. </div></div>

ditto, have heard the same. One even on video, hit the doe slightly forward in back of the shoulder and literally bounced off. He was shooting a Fred Bear Epic, 63lbs 28inch draw. the distance was 16 yards should have blown clear through her. this weekend a guy shot a very nice 9 point quartering away 21 yards hit the buck 3rd to last rib and only got about 6 inches of penetration. The rage was still closed. needless to say he didnt find the deer. He was shooting a matthews switchback 60lbs. Not sold on them. they make big holes but the videos only show you what they want you to see. Been in that buisness. Just my opinion.

I've killed two does so far this year with the Rage 2-blades and they were complete pass throughs and blew a huge holes...but again you still have to put it in the right area. Can't comment on shoulder shots, but so far I'm lovin' them. One final note...I'm not impressed with the Rage 3-blades. Haven't shot a deer with those but when shooting a target the blades seem to bind up on each other. Seems that just two of the three blades open up. Good luck on whatever you choose.

I shot a doe this year at about 22 yards with a rage 2 blade that passed through and took out ribs on both sides. I don't see how people are having problems with them opening - they seem to just fall open if you bump them. That's my biggest worry with them. I got some to try on does, and the holes and blood were unreal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> He was shooting a matthews switchback 60lbs.</div></div>

aahhh.

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Top Bottom