Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rain totals??

Had 0.6” in the gauge this morning, working around the farm today, shower came through at 3 pm and picked up a quick 0.7”. I’m a happy camper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had 0.6” in the gauge this morning, working around the farm today, shower came through at 3 pm and picked up a quick 0.7”. I’m a happy camper.

Forgot to mention that when the deluge came, we watched the rain gutters on our metal buildings overflow. Got the ladder out to clean out the leaf excluder baskets I’d put in the top of the downspouts. When we had the buildings installed, we rented a trencher and put in 4” ABS to take the water away. Actually trenched a line to a pond, but there might be a belly in it. Put the leaf baskets in to stop from filling the tile.

Anybody in the Oskaloosa/Sigourney area that can report what you’ve got? I was there a month ago and it was really dry. I used the website that doesn’t work as well anymore. I’ve been following closely but like so many places some
of the storms pop up out of nowhere, gain/lose strength or whatever or are right on the edge. I think there’s been a few decent rain totals the last week or so but not sure.

Missed every drop of rain- still have only 8/10ths since May 1st here. Literally 4 miles away gets inches, we’ve been getting zero

Sounds like some big rain numbers in Iowa.

Had 2.5 inches on one of my Minnesota farms, and 2.5 inches on my farm/acres in Missouri !

The storm that rolled through last weekend took down an oak limb that dented a vehicle slightly, broke off a pear tree about two foot off the ground, broke multiple peach and apple tree limbs, and we got 0.25" of rain in short order. I had to repatch the farmhouse roof again, ugh! Hope we get the rain in the forecast without severe weather.

Did anyone get an eye on the ground/streams after the reain this weekend in SE Iowa? I did not make it down but it looked like it was a TON and it came fast- wondering if any got a chance to soak in or it just ran off and cause erosion issues.

Did anyone get an eye on the ground/streams after the reain this weekend in SE Iowa? I did not make it down but it looked like it was a TON and it came fast- wondering if any got a chance to soak in or it just ran off and cause erosion issues.
I don't have any intel on this recent rain...but if it is like in the past, it soaks in pretty well when things are dry. I would imagine that it soaked in well and didn't run off too much.

Top Bottom