Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rainfall amounts

My brother in law introduced me to a website called climate.com. Before I was constantly calling a neighbor or the coop asking rainfall totals. This sight is great. And there is much more info on there as well. U plot the boundaries of your farm , individual fields, and timber areas. There are different levels to the site. I'm just on the free version. Check it out.

I thought that looked like a good app, so I downloaded it. Only problem...when I downloaded it it never asked me for, nor assigned to me, a username/password combo. So when I go to use the app, I can't! Because it asks for a username and password...that I don't have.

Other than that...it's a great app!!

It is a fairly accurate program. It goes off of radar estimated precipitation amounts, which can vary from actual numbers, but it will get you in the ballpark.

I just signed up and dowloaded the app. Looks like I got some nice rain on my North MO plots.

Daver, you have to sign up for an account on the website before being able to use the app.

I just signed up and dowloaded the app. Looks like I got some nice rain on my North MO plots.

Daver, you have to sign up for an account on the website before being able to use the app.

Ahahhh! I did not know that. Thanks for the advice, I have now successfully logged in and have set myself up.

Hopefully my farm is far enough away from Lonerangers that I get some rain to show up on the screen. :)

I have been away from internet for awhile.At my cabin no internet. I don't have a smart phone either. Wife is down with hers today. I think rainfall estimates are pretty good from the weather service maps. I can get amounts that actually have fallen on my regular phone from weather bug site. From the airports at Ott,Fairfield,Burlington. Yes,,weather service was way off Thurs and Friday. Rain hit western IA Thurs morn with big rains in Des,down into Centerville and Mo,,but died out traveling east.Ott,and My land got 1/2'' but ran out less from there. Another big batch was forecast. For Thurs nite into Friday,but that went down across Lamoni and down into Mo. Across Kansas City.Kirksville,and St Louis. Missed eastern and NE Iowa. All in all though my little part of Iowa has faired great.I have gotten precip every week or 10 days from some front and have yet to dry out!

Top Bottom