Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rattled him in Sunday morning

treft133

He is definatly not an Iowa Giant, but that day he was big enough for me. I have been seeing a lot of small deer in the area that I am hunting an figured that since there was only a few does in the area, that the big boys are probably not going to coe through the area. Anyways to the Story......
It was just after 8:00 AM on Sunday and I had decided that as soon as the wind would become calm for a minute that I would try and rattle. So I rattled and not a minute later I hear a deer running through the water in the creek, coming my direction. All of sudden he is right there 40 yards looking my way. He looked a little confused because in the little opening that I am in there wasn't any deer. So he started to circle around down wind when he caught the trail of a doe that had been through there about 30 minutes prior. He came right in and gave me what I thought was about a 20-22 yard shot. After seemingly cutting the hair off the deers belly (right behind the shoulder) he whurled around and ran about 15 yards and stopped. Since I was blocked between him and the tree I ranged where he was standing and it was 27 yards. (Now I know that your thinking how come you never ranged it ahead of time. I ranged the trail at 21 yards earlier, but as he went around the tree and I was drawing he went off the trail and I must not have noticed. Oops!) Ok so the deer is standing down in the creek for apporximately 2-3 minutes when he again is on the trail of those does. He thinks nothing of what just happened and did the same thing again. This time I was more prepared for that 27 yard shot as he stepped into the same spot. He was definatly quartering away on this shot, so I had to aim a little further back. The shot was nearly perfect and he ran 15 yards down into the creek and tipped over.
After looking closer at the deer.
Shot # 1: The first shot actually went through him and had an entrance and exit hole, but did not cut anything vital, too low.
Shot # 2: Entrance looks far back but actually the broadhead was stuck in the opposite shoulder, going through the entire boileroom but the heart.
OH and by the way those Rage broadheads cut an unreal hole!! WOW!! (2-Blade)

I seem to be having problems uploading photos. SO any help would be apprecaited.

OK anyone know how to resize on Iphoto. Mac computer here at the school where I have access to Iowa Whitetail. Let me know, that seems to be where I am stuck now.

Congrats, Nice buck!!!

ScottTreft.jpg

ScottTreft3.jpg

ScottTreft2.jpg

hoofline.gif

Darn nice deer, Congrats! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<span style="color: #000099">Would you like more information about becoming a PMA or Life Member? &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; </span>Details Here!<span style="color: #000099">&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;</span>

hoofline.gif

Hey Congrats man. Sorry I missed the drag out I heard it was pretty good. Those are nice pics. You must have had a good photo man. Well the pressure is on now. Great Buck!!

Top Bottom