Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rattling

S

Slim

Anyone tried rattling yet? I watched to little bucks duke it out the other night. Didn't know if it was to early yet or not.

yelp i have rattled in three buck so far. nothing big and not to agressive on the rattling, but am starting to turn over to larger horns and a little more agressive. i have to do something about them hanging up on me though last year i would get them in but they would hang up about 40 years out, any sugestions short of getting a decoy.

I rattled some in Sunday morning and Monday morning.....The buck I rattled in Sunday I was thanking God I was in a tree stand, or I may have had to shoot him in self defense, he came in thrashing the brush with his horns , pawing the ground, looking to tear into whoever was there. He stopped six yards from my stand broadside, to bad he wasnt the one I was looking for.

tip-up,
I think it is like turkey calling. If an animal comes in and sees that there is no way something can be calling from the location the call came from they become suspicious.

If the area around my tree stand isn't brushy I make it that way by piling up junk trees, dead limbs etc. What I often have happen is the buck comes in and assumes the fight must have been on the other side of the brush pile and they will often circle the area, and me, looking for the other deer.

Good hunting!
Old Buck

Old Buck is right, they will hang up on you if they are in an area that they can see nothing is there. I've had my best luck rattling in an area that has multi leveled terrain, like a ditch next to your spot or and area heavy with brush and cedar. Just something to make them have to look a bit closer.

i agree, find a well concealed stand or one with lots of brush. last year i rattled while in a steep sided draw and each time the bucks would charge down on me, my only problem was that they were in so fast i couldn't hang up my horns faster! it was awesome!!

GENTLMEN START YOUR HORNS--GET IN TIGHT AND LET EM HAVE IT. RATTLED IN 7 DEER IN THE LAST THREE OUTINGS---MY TIP SEQUENCE--SOME PEOPLE HIT THE HORNS ONCE AND SET BACK. I FIRMLY THINK THIS IS A MISTAKE.. DO TWO OR THREE SEQUENCES OF ABOUT 30-45 SECONDS WAIT A MINUTE AND REPEAT UP TO THREE TIMES.. THE FIRST SERIES MAY GET THEIR ATTENTION , BUT THE NEXT SERIES OR TWO WILL MAKE THEM DECIDE TO TURN IN OR NOT.. GIVE THE EXTRA EFFORT NEXT TIME AND BE PREPARED..... M350 OUT

Top Bottom