Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ready for Wolf Hunts

blake

Life Member
Montana-wolf-hunting.jpg

NEWS!

States Ready for First Open Wolf Hunts

7/10/2009

<O:p<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
><st1:State w:st=
</st1:State><st1:State w:st="on">Montana</st1:State> and <st1:State w:st="on">Idaho</st1:State> are ready to open wolf hunting season for the first time since the gray wolf’s removal from the federal endangered species list in the Northern Rockies.

<st1:State w:st="on">Montana</st1:State> plans to allow hunters to harvest 75 wolves in mid-September. <st1:State w:st="on"><ST1:pIdaho</st1:State> wildlife commissioners will meet later this month to establish wolf hunting quotas for the state, according to the Associated Press.
<O:p
<st1:State w:st="on">Montana</st1:State> and <st1:State w:st="on"><ST1:pIdaho</ST1:p</st1:State> have an estimated 1,350 wolves living between the states. In the 1930s, gray wolves roamed across the western <st1:country-region w:st="on">U.S.</st1:country-region>, but federally regulated hunting and trapping nearly wiped the species off the map. The <ST1:pNorthern Rockies were not home to gray wolves again until the 1990s when 66 Canadian wolves were reintroduced to the area.

State wildlife managers for the two states expect legal resistance from animal rights groups and environmentalists, but remain firm on the subject of predator control.
<O:p
"We're signaling our commitment to being responsible wildlife managers," said Carolyn Sime, grey wolf program coordinator for Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks.<O:p

Last edited:
This is good news!! It would be an easy hunt that's for sure, for the first year anyways!!

:mad:I don't see how you can say that it good news! That is lazy and unsportsman like.

I don't think they should lift the endangered law on the wolf, because before you know it they will become endangered again. I believe the people will go overboard in killing them. They are a beautiful animal, it would be a shame for no one to be able to see or take beautiful pictures of this gorgeous animal.

They are living on THEIR LAND, leave them alone.

I don't agree in the decisions that have been made on this issue.

Let nature take its corse and let them starve or kill live stock or maybe even people:confused: as long as you can look at them and take pictures it will be worth it:way:

Not sure if you know it, but wolves have pups every year. If you allow hunting it is to maintain their current level of numbers. If you don't hunt them, their numbers will explode. Hunting coyotes every year hasn't hurt their numbers.

obviously you have no idea how hunting and conservation work.

I do understand how hunting and conservation works. But I also know how people work as well. There are people out there that don't buy tags to hunt deer so what makes you say they will to hunt something they have never hunted before. Then there are those people out there that hunt and don't turn in the kill. So who is to say exactly how many will be killed, then before you know it they will become endangered again. I just think they really need to be strong on this issue and make the fines more stronger on these animals than others. Because the hunters will be excited and ready to hunt these animals for the first time.

I hope the hunters don't take this out of control for the wolves sake. It is awful in my opinion to see an animal become extinct by the human hands.

Liv4Rut said:
I agree 100%. The wolves are decimating the deer and elk herds out West. The wolves need to be controlled. Not erradicated but controlled.

+1
I know the guys who run hounds have a hell of a time with them killing dogs as well.

This thread was started in 09 and your just now lurking thru our forums
...+1

Kind of a dead issue...but I do hope they bring back the seasons. As with all animals, they need managed for numbers for a healthy herd/pack. Too many and parasites and viruses can really destroy a population, far faster and without discrimination.

Hey...just found this...
LEWISTON, Idaho -- Officials with the Idaho Department of Fish and Game plan to meet with Gov. C.L. "Butch" Otter on Monday to discuss a wolf hunting season.

Fish and Game Deputy Director Jim Unsworth tells the Lewiston Tribune that the meeting will determine if the state can use the plan devised in 2009.

That season the state set a harvest quota of 220 wolves with the aim of reducing the population in Idaho from about 800 wolves to 518 over five years.

An attachment to the budget bill signed into law Friday by President Barack Obama strips endangered species protections from wolves in five Western states. Federal wildlife officials say that within 60 days they will take more than 1,300 gray wolves in the Northern Rockies off the endangered species list.

I agree 100%. The wolves are decimating the deer and elk herds out West. The wolves need to be controlled. Not erradicated but controlled.

+1
...+1 Kind of a dead issue...but I do hope they bring back the seasons. As with all animals, they need managed for numbers for a healthy herd/pack. Too many and parasites and viruses can really destroy a population, far faster and without discrimination.
Way to say it Shreeder!

Brought back out of the archive by wolfy (With 2 posts) obviously trying to make an issue out of it, and obviously a troll.

For whatever it's worth, the same guys he refers to (Not hunters) that will not abide by the law are probably already shooting wolves and other animals with their 3S card.

Top Bottom