Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Real wet here

Bucksnbears

Nw mn.
Feeling for the farmers/ ranchers here.
Not a single field planted and even with ideal weather from here forward, I can't imagine anyone getting in planting within 10 days.
Soil is saturated, cold and no big warm up coming soon.
How's things down in Iowa?

Nw mn.
Feeling for the farmers/ ranchers here.
Not a single field planted and even with ideal weather from here forward, I can't imagine anyone getting in planting within 10 days.
Soil is saturated, cold and no big warm up coming soon.
How's things down in Iowa?
Pretty chilly and wet here also. Lots of rain but super windy which has dried things out quite a bit. Lakes open up there?

Nw Missouri same, got 2.5" last night, to say it's a little soft is an understatement. I talked to a farmer here and he's gotten 25a beans and 35a corn planted of his 2500a total. Running behind. And to think i thought earlier it would be a dry year. $9 corn a given? Some saying$10 or more.
I predicted$9 months ago with Ukraine and S America issues . Just guessing..

• Deleted by Ishi
Show…
We got 160 acres of corn planted on Wednesday and no beans planted. Still plenty of time but the weather definitely needs to change. Have about 2000 total acres we farm

Last edited:
Bout an inch last night and another today.
Uuggg!

Stuck here at my cabin. Don't know how long for?
Can't get out. Stupid of ,e to come here knowing the forecast.
Gonna have to call a buddy to meet me out on the road with food n beer.

We were in Iowa, it rained from Iowa all the way back to Minnesota. Looked wet everywhere. Western Iowa had some fields planted .

Bout 1.5" last 48 hours.
Forecast says dry next 5 days.
My guess is it'll be at least Wednesday till I dare try to get out.
Oh well. Got plenty of food,beer,smokes n firewood.
River is getting close to me but not in any danger.
Poor deer are bedded close. Aint got nowhere else to bed.

In nw iowa. Lot of farmers I know got majority or all corn in. Some even got some beans in too. We will take the rain bc we are stupid dry here.

FWIW, in talking with multiple farmers I know in the past few days here in east central and SE Iowa, most have little to NONE of their corn planted yet. With a wet week showing in the forecast, this is starting to look like one of those years where it may problematic to get "all" of their corn in. There is still time, should things dry out, but I would say that things are now in the "bright yellow phase", approaching the "red phase" on the danger scale.

FWIW, in talking with multiple farmers I know in the past few days here in east central and SE Iowa, most have little to NONE of their corn planted yet. With a wet week showing in the forecast, this is starting to look like one of those years where it may problematic to get "all" of their corn in. There is still time, should things dry out, but I would say that things are now in the "bright yellow phase", approaching the "red phase" on the danger scale.
I feel for the farmers. They have alot more at stake than us foodplotters.

I am thankful for relativly light equipment. I can get in fields way before farmers and can still get 20 acres a day planted.

Still stuck at my hunting cabin.
Cutting firewood.
Finally a decent day today. At least we'll see the sun.
Y

Last year we were wet down here in Georgia and this year it’s about as dry as a bone. About 90 here today. A little rain is in the forecast for Friday but that’s been the case now for a couple of weeks. When Friday gets here, they change the forecast.

Good luck up there. Even in our best of years it’s hard to grow corn without turning on the irrigation

I work for a very big co op in se iowa and we are way way behind!! Cant even spread dry fertilizer on fields! And lots of anhydrous has to go in before corn planting ! Gonna get intersting soon if dont get some dryer weather to get in fields!!!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I work for a very big co op in se iowa and we are way way behind!! Cant even spread dry fertilizer on fields! And lots of anhydrous has to go in before corn planting ! Gonna get intersting soon if dont get some dryer weather to get in fields!!!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Aint a single tractor in fields around here.
It is starting to dry up some thpugh.

Top Bottom