Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Red Dot scope for turkeys...

MOhunter

Anybody out there use one on their shotgun for turkey season? If so have you had a problem with them seeinf the reflection of the lense on the front of the scope?

I've used the one past few years and really like it! Never had a problem with them seeing any reflection or anything like that. I think the one I bought is an Alpine Ridge, but I guess i'm not completely sure....(havent looked in awhile).

Anyways, I don't think you'd regret buying one!

I personally don't use one, but a few of my friends to and they love them. One in particular is the Bushnell holo sight.

About 5 years ago, I tried using a BSA 42mm red dot scope, that I use for deer, on my turkey gun. We called several toms in and about as soon as I could see them, they would always act a little skittish and hang up. I decided to take the scope off and try it and the next day I killed my turkey right away. It may have just been a big coincidence, but, I thought maybe they were seeing the lens on my scope. It has an orange lens. I've never tried the red dot for turkeys since.

I used one for the first time last year. At 40 yards out, with no magnification, the dot pretty much covered up most of the turkey.

I'm not using it this year.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: iowabucks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I used one for the first time last year. At 40 yards out, with no magnification, the dot pretty much covered up most of the turkey.

I'm not using it this year.</div></div>

That's crazy, never heard of that before! What brand are you using? I have shot toms with mine @ 40 yards no problem.....

I would think a red dot would be a nightmare for turkey hunting, but that is just me. I like the bead.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sureshot1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> What brand are you using? I have shot toms with mine @ 40 yards no problem.....</div></div>

It's a cheaper TruGlo red dot scope. No magnification. I did harvest the bird without any problems, but the dot was large compared to the bird itself. I know it has adjustable brightness, but didn't think i had it turned up too much. Too large a dot for my taste.

Top Bottom