Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Reindeer Hair...

Deaner

Since it's Christmas time again I thought I would once again post this.
Ever since my (now 13 year old) daughter was about 2, every Christmas we had her put out the customary cookies for Santa which of course I would have to take a bite out of the cookie. After a year or two of that we started having her put a bowl of water out for the reindeer. After I took a bite out of the cookie I would run down to my man cave and pluck some hair off of my deer mount and put it in the bowl of water. It has been PRICELESS to see the look on her face when she saw the reindeer hair floating on the top of the water! There were quite a few years where she would run past her presents and look to see if there was once again reindeer hair in the water! It's going to be fun to keep the tradition going cuz this is going to be really the first year my little 1 1/2 year daughter kind of knows about Christmas. It will be fun to see the look on her face the next few years when she see's the reindeer hair! I highly recommend anyone who has a deer mount and small children to try doing that cuz it really adds to the Christmas enjoyment!
Merry Christmas everyone-deernut

Love it!

Don't know about ripping hair out of a mount, but I'll be sure to save some hide off my next deer.

Merry Christmas!

Fun! A friend of ours made a stencil in the shape of a footprint and then sprays that fake snow into it leading from the fireplace to the tree and back. I thought that was a neat idea too. Gotta love kids and Christmas surprise. It's absolutely priceless.

Great ideas, but in 'Bonker land we just but red drops on the floor and call it "Rudolph snot".

The 'Bonker

That is definately a fun part of Christmas, this year my three year old came home from daycare with reindeer food so....I went down to the pile of deer hides and grabbed a leg out so we can have hoof prints in the snow around the food, I'm imagining he will go crazy when we go out to see if they ate the food.

Top Bottom