remington

flugge

I own a remington 870 super mag, and my magazine cap never stays tight. Can anyone tell me what to do to keep it tight...its a different one than the original cause i put a sling on it...do you think its that one? thanks
Flugge

i dunno about the 870 super mag but on my 870 express on the slug barrel their is a hole on the barrel like on the lil hole that clams to the barrel and a gunsmith put a lil spring and a lil bb and then kinda notched it in their ( this is hard to explain ) and then u tighted the cap and it hits that and tightens i had a hell of a time last year with mine but not this year!! hope u get what i'm trying to say
157RAtinybuck-thumb[1].gif
sniper.gif

First I'd try a wrap of tape on the threads, teflon or electrical. If that didn't tighten it up I'd try fouling one of the threads down in the cap but not the first one or two, just do it lightly til you get the friction you need to hold it tight. Another option if you have or know somebody that has access to a shop you can make a sling mount. I needed one for my 11-87 and made one that works fine. If you want to go that route let me know and I'll tell you how I made it.

AGS

Try some bow string wax kind of sticky won't hurt a thing keeps stuff from working loose..I use it on my broadheads and field tips keeps them from locking up..

Back