Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rifled choke tubes?

FinBonZ

Life Member
I am looking to either buy a different deer gun(Rem. 1100) or buy an extended rifled tube for my Benelli. Does anyone use an extended tube or know someone that does? If so are they accurate and consistantly pattern well?

Rifled chokes are a stop gap. They work...kind of. Rifled slugs on their own work better. Knowing how expensive the rifled barrels are for Benellis, a cheeper second gun may be a better(or at least cheeper) choice.
sniper.gif

Don't waste your money on a rifled choke tube. I've learned this one for you. I could shoot at least as well with an improved cylinder in. The key is anything short of a full rifled barrel shoot slugs. Rifled barrel shoot high quality sabots. I've been very happy with Rem copper solids but will be looking into Winchester high performace sabots.

Back when I was still shotgun hunting I tried a rifled choke tube on my scoped Remington 11-87. I was less than pleased with the accuracy of the tube. I bought a Hastings rifled barrel from Cabelas and was amazed at the accuracy of it. My suggestion, don't buy a rifled choke tube if you can afford a rifled barrel. In my experience there was no comparison in the accuracy. Good Luck.

Cloaca,
I bought a rifled choke tube for my 870 and had inconsistant groups. The following summer I picked up a Hastings rifled barrel for it and it performed wonderfully. My advice either buy a rifled barrel for yor benelli or buy another gun for slug hunting. Good luck!

Thanks

Thanks for your info. I've heard some pro's and con's on the subject, but overall I have heard enough con's to steer clear of the tubes. I probably will be in the market for a used 1100 (12 or 20). Need to sell an 870 combo first. A new rifled barrel for my Benelli is out of the question.$$$$

Re: Thanks

Before you sell that 870 combo try this. I shoot an 870 with the 18 inch smooth bore barrel with fiocchi 2 3/4 aeroslugs and it is accurate for a shotgun. It will shoot 2 to 3 inch groups at 100 yards. I have friends that I have converted to the same setup. These slugs perform awesome and they are only $2.5o a box!! Try it out you will not be let down!

Top Bottom