Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rinehart shoot

bowtech150

Backstrap Assassin
Anyone else doing the Rinehart shoot this year? We did the first 50 of African and tomorrow the North American.

Just heading home from shooting all 100. Kind of a circus today. It was like amateur hour, between people ahead of us missing targets or hitting trees it made for a long day.

Then a lot of people using rangefinders, I would like to think they didn't turn their cards in but I kinda doubt it.

Still had fun, the targets they have are fun to shoot.

Yeah I saw a few doing that as well. I am still sighting my bow in as I shoot haha. Had some issues this morning. Thanks for the heads up!

The wife and I shot all 100 today. Not sure if all r100s are like this one. I hope not. Nobody knew anything. Most people had range finders. We still shot well without one. There were some good long shots on the North American side. Pretty expensive but a good time none the less!

Shot the African side today and done. Used my range finders. Guess the yardage then range it. Use it for practice dont turn in any cards. Like most things not into scores other than competition with friends I'm shooting with. Think its too expensive for what it is..... maybe I've just done it to many times. Kinda like the classic. Got the kid out shooting and that was the main goal. Targets weren't shot up like they were last year. Only had one pass through.

Sent from my tab 2 using IW

We had a big group yesterday, we used rangefinders and our hunting bows, actually lit a bonfire last night with our score cards, as long as you don't stand around telling everyone the yardage and don't turn your card in I could care less if you use a rangefinder

Didn't see anybody use a rangefinder. Shot the African course Saturday and the North American course Sunday. Sunday was brutal, targets were a lot further than the other course and they didn't have any backstops, heat and fatigue did not help. Every group we were around were looking for arrows in the weeds. Luckily I only lost one. The other course also had a break at the midpoint with the second half starting by the clubhouse but the North American course offered no break. Also there were a couple of spots for water but they were both empty. I agree with the previous poster that it seemed poorly run and unorganized, surprising since I know they have hosted it there several years now.

There were a few unique targets but for the most part not much different than the course we usually shoot and $60 is WAY too much money to charge for the shoot. Doubt I would do it again at that price.

Top Bottom