Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

River's West clothing

Jdubs

Has anyone had experience with River's West hunting clothing. Their newest stuff is alot like Sitka or Rut Wear, but much cheaper. Wondering if it's worth it?

Rivers West Back Country Jacket

Just bought this a week ago so not much experience yet, but it has kept me comfortable on chilly mornings and evening in the tree stand. No rain to try out the waterproof qualities either. BTW this is the light weight material, what they call LAW's.

I have had Rivers West for a few years now....the backside seam leaked when I got them so I promptly sent them back and they repaired them and work great now. They are waterproof and windproof and I wear them for early season and wear wool under them during late season.

I only sat in a downpour the one time before I had the backside fixed...I can say that it worked great where it did not leak at that time. They are light, stretch, water and windproof and an overall good product in my book.

Last edited:
I have been wearing Rivers West the past couple years, very warm & kept me dry in wet & windy weather, good wind blocker for sure. I would reccomend it for nasty weather.

I hunted with the Outlaw pants last year. These pants are well made, very durable and waterproof so far.

For me, it needs to be in the 40's to wear these or they are to hot. They don't seem to breath well, but obviously block wind very well. They do have zipper vents on the insides of the legs for when you do get warm.

Overall, I like them. I just wish I could wear them in a little warmer temps.

I hunted with the Outlaw pants last year. These pants are well made, very durable and waterproof so far.

For me, it needs to be in the 40's to wear these or they are to hot. They don't seem to breath well, but obviously block wind very well. They do have zipper vents on the insides of the legs for when you do get warm.

Overall, I like them. I just wish I could wear them in a little warmer temps.

I agree with yote's comments.

Tough to beat Sitka:way:

What does that have to do with River's West?

And I looked at the new Sitka gear, and unless that crap can shoot the deer plus make me invinsible so I can walk up and stab the deer Im not paying a $1000 for a coat and pants!

And I looked at the new Sitka gear, and unless that crap can shoot the deer plus make me invinsible so I can walk up and stab the deer Im not paying a $1000 for a coat and pants!

And what's that have to do with River's West?:thrwrck:

What does it have to to do with it? Like many things in life....you get what you pay for. IMO this is no exception. You asked. You got an opinion. Cheer up pal the rut is near.

Has anyone had experience with River's West hunting clothing. Their newest stuff is alot like Sitka or Rut Wear, but much cheaper. Wondering if it's worth it?

or if you couldn't read b/w the lines...the answer to the original question is simply NO. Strange post to get all revved up about.

Here is an internet beer for you to enjoy:drink1::drink1:....my vacation starts tomorrow....now that has nothing to do with the post:D

I agree the Rivers West is great stuff, for treestand hunting and such around here, I have some and it is warm and windproof but definately does not breathe well! Very good product for cool/cold weather!

I have also noticed that the RW does not breathe that well, but for the price and hunting in the rain when cold, it fits my bill any day.

Top Bottom