Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rushing to finish before planting starts

deerdown

Watched them tile a grass waterway on my farm today, they still had to build the terraces. Quite an interesting process. Big equipment to put tile 6ft in the ground...

I worked with a buddy a few years back on his fledgling tile operation. He knifed it all in. It took some impressive HP to knife that deep, but it went much quicker and you could barely tell it was done.

I had to look closer at the picture as it reminded me of the clay tile trencher I spent a summer “in the box” behind it. That was hard earned money for a 10 year old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya got a guy around us that can knife in a 15in tile. The machine is big and impressive. I watch him pull 6in faster then the guys could unroll the tile. Truck was driving around so fast and tiger still had to stop.

Ya got a guy around us that can knife in a 15in tile. The machine is big and impressive. I watch him pull 6in faster then the guys could unroll the tile. Truck was driving around so fast and tiger still had to stop.
That's crazy, this was 8" tile and you could easily out walk the machine. It crept along. Still a big piece of equipment. He did 2 more water ways today. It's expensive. I had the same water ways bid in 2019 by the same outfit. They went up 60% in cost since 2019.

Attachments

• 20240321_131810.jpg
    20240321_131810.jpg
    491.1 KB · Views: 23
Top Bottom