Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rustic look

After several years of saving and waiting I've finally been able to start one of my dreams. I finally own my own ground and ready to build my own house. Its only 7 acres but its a start for me. I'm building a post frame building and completing the inside into full living quarters. I love the old rustic look and want all the inside looking rustic. I was hoping you guys could give me some ideas that you have in your homes or have seen somewhere. Pics would be great if you have anything to post.

Thanks

There is a complete series of pics iin my profile. May give you some ideas. I dont know how to link them here sorry

Sent from my iPhone using IW

harleyjohnc that is an awesome build. Thanks for sharing. I really like the lumber on the walls. My plan is for a 40x56 single story. If I can find some I would like to use old barn wood in a couple of the rooms for the walls

Thanks for the compliment that is a 45x60 split right in half. Started with about the same plan as you, however hopin to retire in about 6 years and spend much more time there. Right now it is used as a vacation and time off getaway.

Sent from my iPhone using IW

I would recommend the website www.houzz.com. You can search any style you want and get tons of pictures and you can save them to an idea book. Some of the stuff is over the top because a lot of the homes are really high end, but all the same there are great ideas on there.

harleyjohnc that is an awesome build. Thanks for sharing. I really like the lumber on the walls. My plan is for a 40x56 single story. If I can find some I would like to use old barn wood in a couple of the rooms for the walls

I have two old barns on my place that have fallen in, but there are still useable boards. How many do you need? We may be able to work something out if you know what I mean. ;)

I have two old barns on my place that have fallen in, but there are still useable boards. How many do you need? We may be able to work something out if you know what I mean. ;)

Great. I'm not sure how much I'll need yet but I'm thinking a bunch. My great room is going to be roughly 30x24. I'd like to do it all in the barn wood

Thanks for the suggestion gkarb003. I'll check it out for sure

Top Bottom