Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rut Action/Movement Reports

"HERE" Lockdown has begun. Driving truck and around home, I'm seeing a lot of 3.5-4.5 or older bucks locked with Does out in fence lines, on road sides, big open ag fields.

Ditto here. Only yearlings moving as anything 2.5 or older is out on a date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn’t hunt yesterday because of kids bball but saw 2 bucks in wide open field with does on the way. I do know my cameras have gone dead quit last 2 days. Next to nothing today.

Mature 8 chasing five does Saturday morning, the rest of the weekend was young does and dink bucks walking the woods. Yesterday was leaving one farm to head over to the other at 1 pm and saw a nice 10 tending a doe just off the road. This is in southern Warren county.

Not much for me this past weekend. Saw couple bucks searching in the mornings then dead most of the day. Saturday aftenroon two decent 8/9pts chasing a doe around, one of them bred her.

Anyone seeing anything in Woodbury county? Worst season I’ve had for just seeing deer (bucks and does).

Anyone seeing anything in Woodbury county? Worst season I’ve had for just seeing deer (bucks and does).
I know a guy that shot an 8 on public in Woodbury County. Overall it seems like deer numbers are down out this way (in W Iowa).

My cuddelinks had ok action yesterday and this AM. Yesterday had a solid 4 1/2 year old 8 moving at 8 am and today in a different location showed a 150 ish 9 pt moving at 9 am and 160 ish 10 pt roaming by at 915. Nice cool temps. Drurys always say party’s over 11/19 or so, I disagree. Thanksgiving week can be awesome

Last edited:
It's been crazy as of Thanksgiving. Couple buddies scored in the mountains, both said bucks were chasing like crazy this past weekend. Here's a pic of a cool buck my buddy shot and one that went by one of the cams while I was eating turkey!
20231126_201532.jpg
DSCF0005.JPG

the past 5 days, the 2 biggest bucks have been walking daylight all day- but my wife insisted that I do Thanksgiving....

Yesterday saw two locked down sets: one a scrawny 1.5 yr old buck, the other was a 2.5 yr old buck. Not sure where the big boys are....

Dogs...... Story of my life lately. Hit a real cold snap and had two separate pairs of BIG dogs move in. We have hardly seen a deer in the last week and a half. I know where both sets came from and they are 2 and 2.5 miles from home. Frustrating to say the least......

Dogs...... Story of my life lately. Hit a real cold snap and had two separate pairs of BIG dogs move in. We have hardly seen a deer in the last week and a half. I know where both sets came from and they are 2 and 2.5 miles from home. Frustrating to say the least......
I hate when that happens. Had two dogs messing with a hunt I had once in Illinois all week long. They were a real pain; they chased some deer my way one evening, fortunately a big doe stopped and looked back in front of me and didn't make another 20 yards.

Buck activity and sightings have cratered for me in the last few days, both in person and camera activity. South central Iowa. Seems like it's time to focus on food now.

Top Bottom