Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rut Update!

Big Timber

Just wondering what you guys have seen the past two days. I'm planning on heading to my stand Wed night and Thursday morning. Are the bucks starting to give a little chase? Any info is appreciated.

BT

What a great weekend of hunting. Small stupid bucks roaming all over just begging to get shot. Chasing does, rubbing trees and scraping. I just go sit and here they come.

I'm thinking "I can't wait for the real action".

Had a river otter on the prowl come by me early Sat A.M. (1/4 mile from the river) that was pretty cool, and then he smelled me and hit the road.

The cool thing was Sunday A.M. it started to rain leaves when the sun came up, so many falling in the still air that it sounded like water. Awesome!

Sunday eve. I got caught sucking eggs.......I'm way back off the road. At 6:30 I'm thinking "get out of here before the werewolves come out". But the wind had laid down and it was queit. A minute two had passed and I hear walking coming my way. I'm thinking "bring that old doe on". When it came up the other side of a ditch the first thing I seen was about 20 inches of spread between 2 big rakes headed straight at me. I'm thinking this ain't happening. This trail comes right at my stand. He gives a couple low volume grunts and just casually strolls right up with the intentions of walking right under me without a care in the world. Head on the whole time.

He stops at maybe 8 yards and looks right up at me two times! I'm looking face to face at 150" of antler minimum. I figure he's due to vaporize any moment. Then he methodically turns giving me only a very brief and poor angle away shot opportunity and takes an alternate trail around a brush pile and continues by me as casual as could be. I think these scumbags are just darn lucky at times. He never knew I was there as best I could tell. But I was not about to let him know either. I would rather try him another day than force a bad hand.

This is just October 20th!

The best is yet to come........... get out there and enjoy it.

Best Wishes , BW

sounds like the fun has just begun this should be a great year . Crops are quickly fading and for once we have some cool weather this time of year. Last two years have been very warm.Its exciting just hearing the stories.

the bucks are moving but with a east wind for the next three days aint going to help but you still need to be out there good luck

I seen two nice bucks chasing does tonite, and one but beat the other one pretty good..it was sweet...

Top Bottom