Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

rut

J

joe

H
confused_em8.gif
as any one seen any bucks chasing does? im still seeing does paired up. Is there any truth in the peak of the rut being in the first week in nov???

i seen a few smaller bucks chasing does and a few nice bucks scent checking the wind for does but i find the rut is at its peak nov 8 through nov 20th

Small bucks only very avtive. Some bigger ones cruising on occasion. No serious rut sign has shown up in my areas yet.

Had a 100" 8 point come in Sunday eve. that I could smell the stench on him at 7 yards upwind. Won't be long.

Definitely seeing some pre-rut action right now. I am also seeing does still grouped up but the bucks are headed for overdrive.
The cold weather will make for a great rut this year. Good Luck to ya!

BT

Saw 25 deer in several different spots in a three-hour stretch on Sunday morning. One six-point basket-rack was chasing a doe hard and several smaller bucks were also following does. And the does looked nervous. Scrape activity was everywhere but caught only a fleeting glimpse of a big buck in the timber; probably an eight-pointer with a nice, wide rack and big body. This was in southwest Iowa. Full-blown rut is probably still a week to a week and a half off.

Good luck to all!

threebeards

Top Bottom