Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Safety Harness????

simplesimon

I have got a 4 point harness I would like to use during archery season because it is a heck of alot cooler than my safety vest. The only reason I do not like using it is because of all the slack it has after I snug everything up. Is cutting off the excess slack a
nono.gif
I personally would not think that it would matter but just wanted to get a little feed back from you guys and gals.

I worked on iron for a number of years and I know that cutting a harness can damage the dexterity of the harness but it is a safety device that is under patent and I don't know if there would be any ramifications from altering it.
I know that if you do cut it the cut ends are stretched and the tension release can unravel the strands and they could probably fall apart after use.Also if you did,hopefully not,Have to use it for its intended purpose what then.
Me,personally,I would deal with the excess strap rather than take a chance.

I tape up my extra strap in a bundle with electrical tape, seems to work ok. If and when I get fat, I guess I can just untape it and let out a little extra.
CRITR

Sounds like a good idea. I was going to loop the slack back through the buckle and then cut off the excess but I guess it would not hurt to tape it just in case I do put on a few pounds!

Just wanted to let you know.I know the job I used to do put me alot higher in the air,but,you can break your bones from less than 2 ft. off of the ground.
Pretty sure your family and all of us wanna see you stay around for awhile.
grin.gif

Top Bottom