Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Same Buck? If so, this is why we let'em grow.

sureshot

The Hunt Never Ends....
The first picture is of a buck that I captured on my trail cam in November of 2001. The second picture is of a buck that I just recently got a picture of. After carefully analyzing both of the pictures I think they may be of the same bucks, just 4 years later. If so, then this buck is now 6 1/2 years old. This is just more motivation to let those "decent" bucks grow up to be mature and reach their full potential. What are all of your thoughts on this? Do you think it is the same buck, or just similar in some ways? (The mainbeams of this buck are what make me think he is the same. His right main beam is lower then his left. His left brow tine looks as if it is going to curve in in the 2 1/2 year old picture.) Also, these pictures were taken in the same field, just 4 years later. Lets hear your comments and thoughts.
3590Close_Up_Buck2-med.jpg

3590Harvey_Brute_November_2005-med.jpg

I think it possible. but a shot in the dark really due to the angle of the second pic. It looks like a good antlered 1 1/2 year old and a 4 1/2 maybe 5 1/2 year old at best. He lacks that grizzley old moutain man look of an old buck.

I think it could be the same buck, but it is really hard to say just from the pictures. Do you have any sheds from this guy from years past? None the less, he has the same genetics - wich supports the argument to let em grow. Nice pictures and thanks for sharing!

No guys, I do not have any sheds of this buck from previous years. In the first picture he looks to be a 2 1/2 year old buck to me and that was taken in 2001, therfore, he would be 6 1/2 now. I currently have three trail cams in the area hoping to capture anohter pic of this buck. However, this weekend, my friend and I went out hunting in the area that the picture was taken. I set up my friend in the corner of a beanfield with a decoy. At 2:45 p.m. a buck came into the field chasing a doe, and caught a glimpse of the decoy. My friend said that the buck and doe both walked right into the decoy, he drew back, and shot. Immediatley my friend realized that he had shot high. We waited until sunday morning to track him, with no luck. My friend thinks that the buck he wounded is the buck in the picture. I hope he is wrong, however, he said it is a huge buck. I really hope I can get a picture of this buck now for proof that he is still alive, because I would really like a chance at harvesting him in the upcoming weeks.

I think it is the same buck. Looks to be the same buck to me. That is a great buck. Good luck trying to get him. Hope he is still running around your timber.

Wow...he grew up a bit. I'd say you are looking at a very similar genetic makeup IF it was not the same deer....I'd say that is a match tho

Im with shredder, looks like the same buck, especially in the main beams (right side especially) and in the brows. If not the same, they are related and I would let the first one walk to get to the second anyday.

Kratz

Top Bottom