Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Same buck????

nicerack

what do you guys think???
1597dsc00507_2_-med.jpg

831DSC01291-med.JPG

Doug they are similar but not the same buck. The buck in the trail cam has a small split G2 toward the top look at the pic.

[image]http://www.iowawhitetail.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=8339[/image]

Is that last year's shed and this year's picture...
confused.gif

Or is that last year's shed and last year's picture...
confused.gif

Makes a big difference to know that...
evil.gif

I'm guessing that is the same buck, if it is indeed last yrs shed and this yrs picture. Look very similar except that he has added a g4 tine and some length to that g3.

Does that shed have a broken G4? They look to be real similar to me, so I am saying same deer.
confused.gif

No way same deer. If the years were switched then maybe, but that point on the shed is down at the base and the buck in my pic has a crab claw G2.

I guess I am having difficulty with the split on the G2. I concur that the main beam and pretty much everything else look close. What do you guys think about the split?

All I can say is I've seen a lot of bucks change a ton from one year to the next. Gain splits, loose splits, add points, loose points, etc...

Then the next buck will be a perfect 8 or 10 for his entire life and just keep adding mass but no extra trash.

I wouldn't say "no way" just because the split in the G-2 was in a little different location.

It's a good one for conversation though...
grin.gif

Split looks nearly identical to me.....was the shed found in the same general area as the pic was taken????

I would based on where the picture was taken vs where the shed was found. We have one of the sheds of this buck and it is identical to the picture, just larger. I've watch this buck for the past two hunting seasons.
grin.gif

That shed couldn't have been more than a mile from that pic. Probably much less.If not the same deer definately a close relative. I have one more right side also from this spring that is very similar, only no g4. I'll post it later.

Don't be stingey guys...show us what the left side looks like, you found those two, you have to have the other sides...just match up the burrs to make a match

Top Bottom