Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Savage 10ml Questions

jkratz5

Ok fellas, I know there are several on here that shoot this gun. After looking for some time I finally found a deal on a new one and pulled the trigger. So now I am hoping the guys on here that shot them can help me out with their favorite bullets, sabots and powder combos. I will likely shoot several different to see what fits my gun best but a few starting suggestions would be great

Thanks
Kratz

I use the 250 gr SST's for bullets.
Throw the sabots away that come with them and buy the MMP sabots.
Shoot 69 grains of H4198.

This load shoots tacks out to 200 yds.

Good Luck and you will love this gun!

Barnes Original 300 grain pushed by 67 grains of H4198 was my favorite load.

Forgot to add, I used the orange sabots.

You have a great platform for swapping to a .45 barrel. I highly recommend it but I also recommend you play with the .50 for starters.

Last edited:
Mine shoots best with MMP sabots and 250 grain SST bullets with 39.5 grains of N110
One thing that is real important is to seat the sabot/bullet firmly to avoid air space which can lead to misfires.

Send me an email. :D

I've been shooting IMR SR4759 lately behind 250 grain XTP in a MMP HPH-12 sabots. I picked up some Vihtavouri N110 earlier this year, haven't played with it yet. I shot Accurate Arms XMP-5744 for awhile, it was ok. I started with IMR 4227, still have some, but many people had issues with misfires. It tends to pick up moisture and needs a very tight sabot/bullet combo.

When first starting out, I had issues with 250 grain SST's fragging on me, completely blowing up like a grenade. Went to the XTP and have been happy with their performance.

I've got N120 on hand, shot some 60 grain loads behind 300 grain Barnes Original bullets but did not like the recoil. People shooting this load are usually looking to make a long range gun out of it. I opted for the lighter loads of faster burning powders and lighter bullets since I rarely shoot past 100 yards. All depends on what you are hoping to do.

Top Bottom