Scent Drags

Personally, I'd save your money. If you shoot a doe off her tarsals and use those. Store them in a ziplock bag in the freezer.

Personally, I'd save your money. If you shoot a doe off her tarsals and use those. Store them in a ziplock bag in the freezer.

I know a guy who did this every year. Said it worked, but never tried it myself. I have used drags the last several years, but never saw a buck following it. I would drag it off to the side of my path with either a stick or attached to my bow. I also stopped to re-dip/spray with scent every so often, especially at all the trails I would intersect on my way to the stand. Then just hang up as another scent wick. I also have tried squirting scent onto a trail, but only saw it work once (was using Tinks 69). This year I'm probably going to skip the drag.

I just spray my boots with buck bomb & walk in have had bucks follow my path a few times But it is hit & miss like every aspect of hunting.Nothing works 100% of the time that isn't going to happen.But as far as the tarsal glands off a doe go.I have used them before also.I shot a buck 20 yards away with his head down to the ground sniffing the tarsals I placed there.

I had a young buck follow my drag all the way to my stand last weekend. I though he might climb up my ladder with me! Ha! I hung it on the bottom step so I wouldn't forget it. Next time I'm dropping it 10 yards out. I'll put it this way. For as cheap as they are to buy why wouldn't you use a sent drag. If all it does is mask your human scent then mission accomplished. It definitely isn't going to hurt your hunt! Good luck hunting guys!

Back