Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Scent Eliminators

Wash your clothes and body in scent free soap, play the wind and call it good. JMO

Good advice. But, most of the stand sites are situated where most deer are going to be downwind eventually. I can't really help it. It's just how the property is set up. It would be nice if there was a natural barrier like a creek or steep ditch.

Shower scent free....
Clean clothes....Keep in scent free bag with juniper or cedar boughs
Backing soda formula overarm deunderant
Dress in the field
Keep boots in a tub of sloppy cow shEET
Eat an apple in the stand
.....and you are a good as it gets

I used Muddy Xecute all last year.. I particularly like their shampoo. It's an actual quality shampoo that doesnt leave your head itchy and flakey like that HS green crap.. My better half used the shampoo and conditioner and thought her hair actually felt better than when she uses the stuff from the salon

Shower scent free....
Dress in the field

Good one, Jim! I was thinking about starting to use scent wavers this year. I'll have to track down some cedar trees. some of this stuff I do already. I just wanted to hear suggestions on scent elimination spray to go on top layers. I don't know about the sloppy cow shEET. The shEET idea is pretty amusing though lol Of course, seeing all those deer on your wall Jim, I should probably take it to heart!

Thanks Gentleman for your input.

IMO, sprays are a complete gimmick. Get an ozonic's if you want to beat a whitetails nose; or IMO, you're literally spraying you money down the drain!

Started the SHeet thing about 3 years ago and will never go back.
But then again....not for everyone.
Hard to put that in a bottle on the shelf and make money right?

I have had deer follow my trail in to the stand and the difference will make a believer out of you, and when on stand, that's about all they can smell.
In my area , that is a very familiar smell. Not on our farm but on all the neighbors ground.
None of the smell gets in the truck. Everything is done outside. If you hunt out of a car you should forget it. Your wife will hate you.

I would add not to ignore your breath. I brush, floss and use mouth wash before every hunt.

Usually grab a piece of gum also.

I think there was an thread on here not too long ago that did a study on sprays. The tests they conducted said the original scent away, and primos silver something or other tested best.

Started the SHeet thing about 3 years ago and will never go back.
But then again....not for everyone.​

Hard to put that in a bottle on the shelf and make money right?

I have had deer follow my trail in to the stand and the difference will make a believer out of you, and when on stand, that's about all they can smell.
In my area , that is a very familiar smell. Not on our farm but on all the neighbors ground.
None of the smell gets in the truck. Everything is done outside. If you hunt out of a car you should forget it. Your wife will hate you.​

Oh, I believe you Jim that it's legit. It just seems like a lot of hassle. Especially, when you can just spray down your boots. Also, Are you speaking from experience about the "wife" hating you part? Ahahahah!​

IMO, sprays are a complete gimmick. Get an ozonic's if you want to beat a whitetails nose; or IMO, you're literally spraying you money down the drain!

I'm going to try to remain unbiased and open minded about your product as much as I can. But, if I'm going to have to shell out $300-$400 on a product I have no experience with it's going to be this one:​

http://www.scentmasterbox.com/

I would add not to ignore your breath. I brush, floss and use mouth wash before every hunt.
Usually grab a piece of gum also.​

Are you using regular or a special hunting brand hygiene product? Just curious..

That is a pretty amusing thread. It's amazing how two different people can get totally different experiences with the same product. LIke I said before...I'll remain unbiased about your product, Todd.. I truly don't know if it's Legit or Not.. It could be.. It could not..​

So, I'd like to make an offer... I don't think I live to far away from you, Todd.. I'm planning on hunting the pre-rut this year. It will be in an area that has a high amount of pressure and a high doe population (I've saw around 30-40 deer, in two days, hunting last year) but there will be some good bucks. If you want.. I'll let you test/promote your product at the risk of possibly screwing up one or more of my hunts.. I'll then post my hunting experience on IW with your product. It may make your product seen in a good light by us killing a monster buck or expose your product for what it really is. Todd, you seem like a very knowledgeable guy. So, I look forward to possibly hunting with you. Just let me know if you are interested.

​

Last edited:
Ozonics needs a contained area, IE ground blind to be effective. Open air treatment such as via a treestand isn't logical for it to work. The amount of ozone that is created will dissipate to the point of minimal to no effect.

It's the same principle as putting a air purifier in your yard and expecting your air to be noticeably cleaner. Imagine how big that unit would have to be and that is taking absolutely zero wind into consideration.

Shower scent free....
Dress in the field

I have used Scent Killer most of my hunting years, but sometimes Scent Away (depending on where I buy and what's on the shelf). I've had deer within 5 yards of me downwind too. Spray every layer as I dress.

Also, I have intentionally stepped in fresh cow pies on the way to the stand if I'm hunting a cow pasture and there happens to one there. Should help to cover some scent. Maybe not be the best option if there aren't cows within a few miles!

Top Bottom