Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Scent tote vs. rubbermaide tote

killer buck

I just wanted to see what you guys think the differances between scent tote by scentlok and a rubbermaide tote. I was thinking about buying the scentlok tote, but they were so expensive. so I ended up buying a scent bag. the bag just isn't big enough. What are the advantages and disadvantages of these totes?

I've had both and prefer the Rubbermaid tote because its bigger,cheaper,more durable and does the same job.

I use rubbermaid tote for long storage and the scent free bag for carrying to and from the house in the truck. I also throw a bunch of dry leaves and in the rubbermaid tote every spring as cover scent.

go to Wal-Mart or something and get a big plastic bin- they are close to air tight, durable, BIG and CHEAP!!! I get clear so I can see what's in them.

I found a metal grid that i put in my tote that sits up about an inch. I regularly dump a box of baking soda in the bottom, grid on top of that, then the clothes. Change out the baking soda maybe once a week.

I can't see spending the money on a big "baggie" thats not big enough to hold all your clothes in the first place. Sometimes even my Rubbermaid tote is not big enough for all my clothes.

Save your money, just get a Rubbermaid. You can find them that have lids that lock down pretty good. Put some leaves in there with your clothes or some scent wafers. No reason to spend $70 when you can spend $15 and do the same job. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

I have the cheap walmart brand of large tote and I aslo use an original space saver bag that you see advertised on T.V. I put all of my clothes that are not fluffed in those bags and it saves a tone of room and is air tight. I have one medium size tote with all of my hunitng clothes in it and the bags with my bibs and coat.

i use the HS scent bags, the only reason is they hold more than a standard tote and pack nicher. the totes take up quite a bit more room. the bags are about 30 clams, but are worth it to me.

I agree!!

I got one of these last season and you can fit several camo outfits in it easily and it takes up much less space then a plastic tote... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KSQ2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rubbermaid tote with weather strip in the lid. Worked for me for years.</div></div>

ksq2 nailed it

get a couple rolls of 1\2 inch weather stripping only costs a couple bucks. i put mine on the lip of the tote itself all the way around and mine have locking lids so makes it air tight..

works great!

Top Bottom