Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Score Guy and Son put down a double

muddy

sg2.jpg

sg3.jpg

Thomas, did you notice what hat I'm wearing? Wore it all season, my son got peeved when he saw that I hadn't taken the cardboard out. He thinks thats way redneck. I thought it just helped it keep it shape better!!! For a little while, I thought it had become my UNlucky hat.

I'll follow up later with the story!

Ok, so here's how it went down . . . Friday night we hunted this piece of property and much like the rest of the season, things were pretty slow. We did hear a few gobbles though. Saturday AM, we left the house and I had intentions of going elsewhere. We were running late. Kyle I then kinda got into an arguement about this so to make him happy I changed directions and headed to the spot from the night before. I probably won't argue with him anymore! We were definately running late and before we could even get to where we wanted to be a gobbler sounded off probably no more than 50 yards away but fortunately over the edge of a sharp dropoff. He couldn't possibly see us, so I rushed to get the blind up, only problem - a skunk came wondering along just then and provided an entertaining moment while I tried to scare him off. Somehow this worked so in the blind we jumped. Kyle did some soft yelping a couple of times and we were greeted with multiple gobbles. Just then, looking out along the edge of the dropoff, I see a big Tom come out about 75 yard away but in the opposite direction of the one who first sounded off. Almost simoultaneously, we could hear spitting and drumming and what we thought was the sound of something brushing the blind on my side. I could see Kyle leaning to look out my portal and I asked when I should draw. "NOW" was all he whispered. A second later I put an arrow through my bird in full strut at 5 yards with my Mathews and he flipped and was motionless. Instantly, the other tom came running in and started beating the crap out of mine. Kyle didn't hesitate and laid his out with the Bennelli. From the time we got out of the truck to that moment probably took 20 minutes. Talk about a season going full circle in short order!

I bet it wouldn't have taken 3 years for Score-Gal to get her turkey if Kyle would've helped her /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif.

Way to go guys!!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

AGS

Top Bottom