Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Score this Buck.

Your guys gross scores are all very close, all in the ball park. However your net scores are a bit high. Like I said the gross score could be off a bit, but I got him at 157 and 1/8. The net score came back to be 124 and 7/8. This was done by a professional scorer. The spread was about 16 inches. He had great tine length but his mass was a bit lacking. He also has lots of junk. Not a great scoring deer I know but definitely a prized trophy. He was my second buck with a bow, my first scoring 149 and 7/8. This was the first deer that I had ever gotten pictures of and had actually set out to hunt and was successful. He now resides from my bedroom wall to the left of my first buck :)

Your guys gross scores are all very close, all in the ball park. However your net scores are a bit high. Like I said the gross score could be off a bit, but I got him at 157 and 1/8. The net score came back to be 124 and 7/8. This was done by a professional scorer. The spread was about 16 inches. He had great tine length but his mass was a bit lacking. He also has lots of junk. Not a great scoring deer I know but definitely a prized trophy. He was my second buck with a bow, my first scoring 149 and 7/8. This was the first deer that I had ever gotten pictures of and had actually set out to hunt and was successful. He now resides from my bedroom wall to the left of my first buck :)

How did that deer get 31 inches of deductions?

I was a little off...guess I was being very conservative. Not seeing that much in deductions either, but I don't have it in my hands. Did you happen to add multiple spreads? Great deer nonetheless. Congrats!

I don't think so. I used a website that does the calculation and I was only 4 inches off on my typical 10. Maybe I entered something in the wrong spot?

Could be. I was just wondering cuz I made that mistake when I started actually scoring antlers. Scored one of my dad's old racks, which is about 155", but added both the outside spread and inside spread and came up with like 177" or so. Wasn't using a score sheet or website to tell me not to add the outside spread! A little disappointing to have to go back to dad and tell him his rack was at least 20" smaller! Still not an expert.

Top Bottom