Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

SD 13pointer/156

lun115

Shot my personal best last weekend. It was a 13pointer/rough score of 156. (split browtines, and carries 4.5-5 inch circumfrance through out.) It broke off one of it's tines, and would have been a 14pointer/164.As you can see in the one picture, this guy got into a fight and got a black eye, and I would assume lost his one tine then. (I'd like to see the guy who he got into a fight with!!)I've been debating if I should have the taxidermist fix the broken off tine or not. What would you guys do?
I thought I heard a snap behind me and I looked back and didn't see anything. 3 minutes later I just happened to look behind me and there he was 25 yards away. (never really heard him). I do not have the best hearing in the world, but always amazes me how stealthy they can be in the woods. I hate it when they are looking up in the air in your general area, and you hope the wind doesn't swirl and the scentlock works!! Took some patients to be able to stand up, position my feet, and pull back, but thanks to the nearby tractor, the deer turned his head for a few seconds. Gave me an 18 yard broadside shot, and he didn't go much more than 60 yards.
I wish he had more tine length, but I am sure happy with him.
See pics below in reply:

Last edited:
8860-gps_014_thumb.jpg

8860-gps_019_thumb.jpg

I think I uploaded the pictures incorrectly. Here they are.

It's always disappointing to see a that a tine got snapped off. That said, personally I still wouldn't get it fixed though just because that is how it happened in real life and in nature so that's the way I would want it mounted.

That right there is a boiler room shot...nice buck :way:

I shot a buck during early ML season that had about 2" of his G4 on one side broken off. I'm having it fixed...just think it'll look better for how he's going to be positioned on the wall. Congrats again!!

NWBuck

got a very nice shot there. looks alot like the buck I shot this year. thick and points everywhere. nice buck and congrats on the best to day kill

Top Bottom