Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Selling hunting land

jc64241

Has anyone ever sold hunting land before? I was looking at selling my 49 acres this next spring and was wondering what land is going for and if I should try to sell it on my own? There is only 6.5 acres of tillable land the rest is creek bottom. It's in Chickasaw county on plum creek and its not land locked. Thanks for your input.

Check out comparable listings in your area per acre price. Is there a lot of trees or CRP or what exactly is it. Then I would list on craigslist, the exchange which is a paper you find on the free racks at most stores here in Iowa, and the Des Moines register. Definitely try to sell it by yourself for a bit and see what kind of response you get. I sold our one farm by listing it on craigslist this spring in one week and was really happy with what we got out of it.

49 ac

Has anyone ever sold hunting land before? I was looking at selling my 49 acres this next spring and was wondering what land is going for and if I should try to sell it on my own? There is only 6.5 acres of tillable land the rest is creek bottom. It's in Chickasaw county on plum creek and its not land locked. Thanks for your input.

I'd give you $1000 an acre!

Kidding.... not sure in that county?

Well we bought 72 acres in Clarke county about 1.5 years ago. Payed $125,000 for it. Only has about 20-30 tillable acres but it needed work, it wasn't touched in 15 years and was covered with 8-10ft cedars. And the rest is good hardwood timber.

I just sold my 66 acres in Delaware county for $235000. It was 99% woods with a couple of 1/2 acre food plots. I did not use a realtor, I had more people calling me on the phone than I ever expected.

Yeah I was talking to a whitetail guy and he recommended $3000 an acre and $50,000 for the house. But you never know how much they BS you

Brother in Law just bought 76 acres with a river through it in Cerro Gordo county... 20 tillable, the rest woods... gave 250,000... after he bought it, had people already willing to pay 300,000 for it... so whatever that info is worth to ya

Brother in Law just bought 76 acres with a river through it in Cerro Gordo county... 20 tillable, the rest woods... gave 250,000... after he bought it, had people already willing to pay 300,000 for it... so whatever that info is worth to ya

How are they goin for that price dam!!! That's lot

Junior, if it floods, we have big problems because it would have to get up out of the bluffs to flood the ground. And its all about location. Obviously it is a wanted piece of ground...

Junior, if it floods, we have big problems because it would have to get up out of the bluffs to flood the ground. And its all about location. Obviously it is a wanted piece of ground...

Well i guess im just confused on why the prices are so higher over there! Oh well no biggy

I know of 2 smaller pieces of mostly timber in Chickasaw co. That both went for right at $2500 per acre. One was 11ac and the other was around 20ac.

Sent from my iPhone using IW

Also, what part of Chickasaw is it in? Rough legal desc.? I may be interested.

Sent from my iPhone using IW

On plum creek south west of Fredericksburg on 290th. 6.5 acres tillable 42 acres forested creek bottom

Two years ago I bought 40 acres next to my 120 acres at $1650 an acre. It was more or less land locked with 30 acre timber and 10 in hay. We shoot most of our better bucks on that 40. The same guy had some more timber along a small river ( decent catfishing) that I could get for around $2500 an acre I think it's still for sale but I have all the land I need and can afford right now. I'm in Union county.

I have 80 acres in SW Iowa that I too am thinking about selling. 33 acres tillable land, timber, pond and brushy creek running through it. The creek never dries up. It is a really good deer and turkey hunting property. Property sits in the middle of the section, has level B easement access.

Top Bottom