Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Senate approves deer-hunting bill

That's just great...
mad.gif

I know one piece of land that won't be turning into a slaughter house...the insurance company's can bite me!
shocked.gif

“The goal of Senate File 206, passed Tuesday on a 49-0 vote, is to get the size of the deer herd back to the level of the mid-1980s”.

With a 49-0 vote IMO this deer bill even though has to go to the House is on a fast track for being passed. I was truly amazed that there were no votes against it, not even one?

The following is email that I got yesterday from Senator Hubert Houser:

“Dear Ron,
SF 206 is out of the Senate with a few changes. This bill like most legislation is going. I expect the bill to be amended in the House and may eventually go to a conference committee. I will support the current 2,600 cap on out of state doe licenses and allowing sale of antlers and heads. I think the final bill will generally to you liking. Hubert Houser”

By reading some of the text in this email I wonder if the good Senator might have sipped a few toddies before he wrote it!
confused.gif

I strongly urge everyone on this site to contact you senators and state Representatives immediately and let them know your thoughts on the pending deer legislation.

The article sounded a little radical to me.

I doubt we'll ever see the herd in mid 80's form again. To many properties out their where hunting is not going to be allowed in that fashion or even allowed at all. That along with the urban herds, I just don't see it happening. In the same respect though, I would bet there will be some isolated areas in the counties where the population will end up to low.

IMO certain areas are getting that way now.

Until they have a meaningful harvest in urban areas we are going to see more and more uniformed folks pushing to reduce the statewide deer populations. If they are tired of using deer for "speedbumps" they ought to slow down.

I sure don't like forcing NR to purchase an antlerless only tag in addition to thier anysex tag. Bowhunters is not so bad but for most shotgunners it's another chance to shoot an extra buck.......
cussing.gif

I agree with Riverbottom,I know that in Pott. county that the deer are getting thick as flies.I have been seeing them on a regular basis in the city park across from my mothers house.Granted she doesn't live that far from the lake but it is far enough that there is really not that much cover for them to have shelter.gettin it that low agaion is a far stretch.

Top Bottom