Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

September thieves

nginth

I bought two Stealth cams 3weeks ago on the reccomendations of a few members of this sight.I was a little apprehensive about leaving a 80.00 in the woods. I was frustrated the first rolls becuase I got alot of false readings ( I was setup to close to the corn). I plowed through a jungle of poison ivy and god knows what else finally settling on a water hole that looked like a deer highway. That was Sunday of last weekend, I returned last night to recover the film to find one of the cameras had vanished.
cussing.gif

I talked to the landowner and a couple of neighbors and I have my suspects, I guess this experience has left a bad taste in my mouth. Who are these individuals who give us a bad name?If they will take a camera how far will they go with my stands? I think is rediculous that I have to worry every fall about whether my stand will be there when I get there.

If anybody knows of any good trestand locks let me know I thing I need something a little more than the lock and chain. Meanwhile, I will watching out for the persons who thought they could help themselves to my property.

sniper.gif

kickass.gif

That's too bad nine point. I have a nontypical camera, which comes with a cable. "you supply the paddlelock". I lock mine all of the time but the fact is if they want to get it bad enough they will.

I think a good note to put on your cameras should say "I wouldn't steal this camera unless you find all six of the because Ive probably already got your picture on one of them." even if you only got one cam out they might be a little more nervous about stealing it.

But then again maybe they cant read. Thats a bunch of crap. The more I think about it the more it ticks me off. I hope you catch them.
Do you live in a small town maybe you could check with the local photo shops. Good luck.
biggun.gif

Sorry to hear about your cam Nine Pt.

I have a bud who had his DC 100 stolen last fall by tresspassing coon hunters who new they were tresspassing and got caught on the camera, we figure,, so they left the woods and returned with a bolt cutter to save their sorry butts..

It just amazes me as to the lengths idiots will go to ruin the entire reputation of our great sport,,,,

Cheer up , their day will come,

Gritty

9point, I'm sorry to hear that. Whomever stole your cam is the lowest form of maggot there is. I hade a couple stands and steps taken a few years ago on a private farm, yes they were locked with cables. I'm still pissed about that, not only did it cost me about $250 but it cost me a weekend of hunting! I have come across hundreds of stands in the woods and would never touch anyones property. As hunters I think we all follow a code of ethics. 1-Never touch another mans gear, 2-Always ask for permission to hunt, each and every year, 3-Always leave the land Exactly how you found it. You'll get yours in the end somehow, be it by the thieves being caught or you bagging a huge buck this year!
cool.gif

I had a buddy that left a stand up for the winter and we went back to get it down and it was gone. The thing that really made me mad was that they took his stand, pull up string(2 bucks at any store), and the bottom three steps. They were too lazy to take them all out.
Oh well thats what you expect when your dealing with theives
mad.gif

I had a camera stolen last fall but got it back before even going in the woods and finding it missing! I made a card that reads
" IS THIS FILM BEING DEVOLOPED FOR OFFICER JOE SUBOLEFSKY? IF NOT PLEASE CALL 410-398-1352 NOW"
I expose the first frame of every roll after I load the camera to this sign.....

My cell rings it's wallyworlds photo shop saying a person named Greg^^^^ had droped off the film for 1 hour. I drove right to the store and went to the manager.We waited and when the guy walked up to the counter and asked for MY FILM I confronted him! I had all his info name ,address and phone # that he had left when he droped off the film.Even had his picture from when he walked up to it out in the woods! I simply laid out the facts he either gave it back or I was going to the police. He went right out and got the camera from his truck and gave it to me.This might not work every time but I think it's better then any chain& lock you can buy.....Joe
893USA1-thumb[1].gif

Timberspirit, that is pure genius. Did you think of that? I just printed out my sign. I about piss my pants everytime I go to pick up my $250 cam, thinking that it might have got swiped. Thanks buddy.
beerchug.gif

Great idea if the slime develops the pic's.....why would you do that if you stole someones camera??? I guess thieves are not to bright to start with!! I would have turned that guy in for sure. Good luck this fall

Timberspirit,
Great idea. How did the guy react? It would have taken everything I had not to deck the guy.
smash.gif

My brother and I have had 5 or 6 stands stolen in the past 10 years, what I would give to catch a guy while doing it. Thanks for the great idea.
Nonres

Nonres, I'm pretty sure a safety belt makes for a good hanging device. I would love to get some Big Timber Justice!!!
rambo.gif

I had a 35mm stolen from my truck 10 or so years ago and have been doing this trick ever since. I just never told anyone. Most people think I'm already a little weird because off all the time I spend up in trees.I figured it would be safe to pass along here to the rest of you nuts! LOL
I think the curiosity is what gets them. I have heard of people just stealing the film from locked trailcams before.This should get them aswell (unless they read this)
The guy just about [censored] when I confronted him. I still dont think he fully understands how he got caught. The only reason I dropped it after I got the camera back, is because we park right on the road to hunt the spot. I do not feel like coming out to 4 flat tires one night.I did tell the guy if I have ANY problems I would go to the police about what happened.I know the local CO and did let him know the guys name and what happened just incase.
I also have a lo-jac system figured out for treestands just need to find a company to buy the idea......Joe

Great idea Timberspirit...thanks for
sharing. We've got two Camtrakkers, can't imagine what I'd do if somebody took them
biggun.gif

Top Bottom