Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Serious problem

lxshooter

I know I'm going to get a load of crap for this but I have a problem with my Mathews. For the past 2 weeks everytime I shot it, it seemed to have a loud vibration coming from it but the thing shot good. Well after shooting it today the noise was louder and the arrows dropped 6" from the target and they kept getting lower and lower. I've checked all the possible loose items and nothing is loose. Could this be a limb or string problem? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Well bud, this is the same thing that happened to mine when I owned one. Mine turned out to be a limb problem. Better it happened now that the first of november. Get it to a bow shop as soon as you can so they can get it serviced. Good Luck

Muddy I was to the point where I honestly wanted throw the thing across the yard. I'm taking it to CIA tomorrow and see what they can do. If nothing can be done soon I'm gonna have to get the back-up bow out.
blush.gif

LX, are you shooting a DropAway rest? I just recently read a post on another site and that person had very similar issues to yours. Come to find out he had a rubber tube that was his lift cord that raised his rest, it was torn.....it eventually busted is how he found that "it" was the culpit. Good Luck.

when you get to CIA have them slap a fixed rest on. i still think that is where alot of the noise is coming from

I'm sure it won't matter what rest you are using. If you slap a Hoyt onto the rest, the problem will go away!

893USA1-thumb[1].gif
893USA1-thumb[1].gif
893USA1-thumb[1].gif

Rudd I do have a drop away on it but as luck or maybe misfortune would have it the bow didn't make a peep today when I took it to CIA. It shot nice tight groups and was as quiet as the day I bought it. I'm going to shoot it tomorrow and if it acts up again then I'm going to have a new string and cables put on it and while that is going on I'm gonna have to shoot something diffrent. Sorry Tee-roy
blush.gif

Before you waste the money on a new string and cables I would look into it a little further. The string should not make it loud and shoot six inches low if that is in deed what it is, it should be very obvious to the human eye. I would bet on rest as well. Sounds like something is not doing it's job on the rest, what type is it? Muzzy??? If it is a cable type make sure your cable is set right and your fletching is clearing everything during pass through. Good Luck get it figured out soon!

Non-res it's a trophy taker drop away. I really didn't see the arrow having problems clearing anything. If a bow has a cracked limb can they be seen with the human eye or does even a superficial crack make a drastic diffrence? Once again any info is greatly appreciated

I would lean more to the rest as the problem as well. I don't see how you could have a cracked limb and then shoot it today with no noise and right on the money. If the limb is cracked, it's cracked - you wouldn't be shooting quiet and hitting your marks. Has to be something else. Check all screws for tightness, and I mean all screws, then double and triple check that rest.

LX,

Bring the bow with you, when you come to pick up the other one. We can take a look at it. I believe it could be a rest problem as well, but we can check it over. I do know of two hunting friends of mine that have had cracked limbs on their Mathews bows, one of them described the same exact thing as you did. What happend was the lamination started separating, that at first the naked eye could not see. The bow done the same thing as yours is, including dropped grouping of arrows. He found that it was affected by temperatures. When shooting outside, it was more noticable, rather than inside, where the temperatures was more controlled.

my old browning did the same thing , and as i kept pulling back the limb finally just shattered after alot of shooting it and not knowing what was happening. sure sucked too because it was exactly a week before i went elk hunting in colorado. thank goodness browning was nice enough to express ship the limbs and pay all the charges for fixing it
smile.gif

Top Bottom