Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Shed wars

All i got to say is whyyyyyy!!

Are you talking about the show on sportsman channel? Pretty sure those boys are after stuff out west if I'm correct. Which, from my understanding has been crazy for quiet some year chasing elk sheds. Go to youtube and you'll watch enough junk to make a guy not wanna look at a dang shed antler. Pretty crazy seeing stuff that incorporates guys trespassing in the state parks early and "stashing" piles of antlers so that way when season "legally" opens they've got all the freshies that dropped spoken for.

I like watching it, everyone seems pretty nice...don't be butt hurt about people wanting to shed hunt. I think it will encourage a lot of people to shed hunt, they'll realize they can't make that much money. Hopefully they check the regs and know when to go or where to go.

The prices are BS tho, they don't sell for that high. Guy finds a 3pt antler that's worth $50? Since when?! Or a 5pt that's $120? No.

Last edited:
Are you talking about the show on sportsman channel? Pretty sure those boys are after stuff out west if I'm correct. Which, from my understanding has been crazy for quiet some year chasing elk sheds. Go to youtube and you'll watch enough junk to make a guy not wanna look at a dang shed antler. Pretty crazy seeing stuff that incorporates guys trespassing in the state parks early and "stashing" piles of antlers so that way when season "legally" opens they've got all the freshies that dropped spoken for.

In Colorado, Wyoming, and Montana they insert GPS chips into antlers, if you pick one up before season or in the wrong place you'll get nabbed.

Never heard of this (ok and most other shows)... Is it like a UFC fight except the weapons are shed antlers? Beat eachother silly with sheds? Joe Rogan is stage side announcer as well here? Shed wars in a format like that sounds pretty neat. Droptine antler through the leg or something would be painful. Good show idea if I have this wrong.

Never heard of this (ok and most other shows)... Is it like a UFC fight except the weapons are shed antlers? Beat eachother silly with sheds? Joe Rogan is stage side announcer as well here? Shed wars in a format like that sounds pretty neat. Droptine antler through the leg or something would be painful. Good show idea if I have this wrong.

I'm thinking American gladiators shed version!. The shed Joust. The Shed Wall. Hang Tough shed version....and my favorite....Power shed where the gladiators dodge flying sheds shot out of air cannons.

picture.php

Skip you are crazy. ;):D

I was at pet smart the other day and saw that they sell 6 inch whitetail and elk antler pieces for $20-30 bucks. That's an expensive chew toy!

Dont get butt hurt?!!! Teenage u dont have any idea..

I don't have any idea...? Heck, there's a guy praising God on a TV show freely and a few other people doing the same thing. Looks perfectly fine to me, but I guess making people want to shed hunt is a bad thing. But what do I know, I'm clueless, apparently.

I don't have any idea...? Heck, there's a guy praising God on a TV show freely and a few other people doing the same thing. Looks perfectly fine to me, but I guess making people want to shed hunt is a bad thing. But what do I know, I'm clueless, apparently.

You must still believe in Santa Claus then too huh..........

I am sure most of us can remember when few people looked for sheds. It was a lot more fun. Not sure why we would want to get a whole bunch more people out looking. Especially just for money. That just leads to more poaching. If that is your belief you should never tell anyone no that stops in to ask to walk your personal property. Or is it just OK as long as they are walking someone else's spot, or public ground?

Yeah, you got it. Never mind the tons of people already out doing it. Let's get more so no spot is left untouched. It's a blast walking over other peoples tracks.

Took longer for this thread to start an argument that I thought. Seems the norm for the last year. I'm going to write in and ask for a
Show to be about Orange army pushing and posting next!:)

Top Bottom