Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Shedding time

nosna

I don't post many pictures anymore but thought the community would enjoy this picture as much as I did.... Enjoy... Season will be here soon. If i had to guess he likes to be 140ish

That's sweet! I've only gotten one or two shedding pics over the years. It's crazy to me how quick it happens.

Makes me wonder if a taxidermist could replicate that after you shoot him. That would be a pretty sweet mount....with the velvet hanging like that. Not one you see everyday.

He would even have a picture to go off of!

Makes me wonder if a taxidermist could replicate that after you shoot him. That would be a pretty sweet mount....with the velvet hanging like that. Not one you see everyday.

He would even have a picture to go off of!

I've wondered the same. Maybe one of the taxidermists on here can chime in.

One of my friends dad had this done from this 2015 archery buck. It was a big ball of velvet from the g3 to g4 to the beam. And stripps of velvet hanging off of it. Maybe not as complex as in the picture but it was still very cool. Maybe I can get a picture from him :)

Yes it can be done. We send our velvet racks off to a freeze drying company. Make sure you put any velvet racks into a freezer ASAP after you recover your deer.

Generally once a buck starts to shed its velvet in less than 24 hrs they are squeaky clean.

Top Bottom