Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Shoot or pass??- HELP!!

I passed two bucks in consecutive years, and the year after I passed them they were shot, but not by me.

I too would pass him, and if someone takes him this year or next year that is just part of hunting.

I take multiple people hunting on this property throughout the year and they know 100% he is on the do not shoot list- if he is killed from a neighboring property or a poacher(which isn't uncommon around that area unfortunately) that's part of it- but next year if he does blow up like I am hoping- I don't care if I am the one that kills him as long as its someone in my group - my dad, GF or other friends. Just so I can get my hands on him and see him- would be cool

I take multiple people hunting on this property throughout the year and they know 100% he is on the do not shoot list- if he is killed from a neighboring property or a poacher(which isn't uncommon around that area unfortunately) that's part of it- but next year if he does blow up like I am hoping- I don't care if I am the one that kills him as long as its someone in my group - my dad, GF or other friends. Just so I can get my hands on him and see him- would be cool

I know the feeling, best of luck!

I really want to see what he could turn into next year- do you think he has some future potential- could those stickers turn into something good?!

Oh my, that's a young deer and a mega giant in the future. If you kill him, that's your choice & obviously no one can do a thing about it on here. In answer to your question that you posed though - yes, he has amazing future potential, in my opinion & seeing deer like that live from year to year and yes, those kickers could turn into something good. That's just the answer to your questions in my opinion. He'd walk by me but sure up to all hunting him & nature.
Side note of experience, if it's any "decent area" where there's generally monsters around every year & "average pressure" (like not state land) - say like the southern 1/3rd of the state - from my experience over many years of tracking (nothing scientific, just our experience), maybe a little over 50-60% of the time a deer makes it we pass that we can confirm. That's from a lot of farms over a long period of time I say over half make it (and that's during a time when many of those years had late shed buck season). I'm personally ok with those odds.

Here he is without the Velvet

10678775_804815921044_488755201520269286_n.jpg

13986_804815995894_5726531424185648138_n.jpg

10615433_804815980924_6784955920286204100_n.jpg

Top Bottom