Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Shooter or not a shooter age and score

kellyprymek

PMA Member
99AA6474-1A05-4574-816F-2E079411AF1E-942-000002CA868EEC9C.jpg

42BFFBA9-8252-46C5-B59B-1D8D874DA090-942-000002CA9E14DDB6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using IW

Great frame, but no tine length. I'd say score about 135-140. 3 or 4 year old is my guess. Nice buck but maybe one more year would get some more tine length on him. Never know.

I was leaning more towards three then four but how do you know for sure. Depending on what else you got in my opinion. If he is four then I would think yes.

I would agree with three yr old he has great beam length but short tine length all depends when he walks by. If it's early let em walk, late in season drill em great lookin buck

Yea dont know how people can tell another person to pass or shoot. If you do not know their sircumstances why tell them what to do. It might be the biggest most mature buck they have to hunt and in an area with low survival rate through the seasons.

Id say looks like a good shooter buck. May only be 3.5 or 4.5 hard to say if he will get alot bigger or stay same. We have alot of bucks that dont grow 5 inches from year to year and some that add a mere 40 inches. What ever your circumstances I dont think you would be disapointed with this buck

Yea dont know how people can tell another person to pass or shoot. If you do not know their sircumstances why tell them what to do. It might be the biggest most mature buck they have to hunt and in an area with low survival rate through the seasons.
I agree to some extent, but the original poster asked the question and didn't give any other information to go off of. I would pass this deer personally

I too get 140 and I say shooter. I don't know your area well, but sure looks like a buck ain't no one else gunna pass. So unless you have a large private area to manage, he might end up dead anyways. If it makes u get fired up then take em if you get the chance!

He is a 4.5 year old deer I have the right shed from when he was 3.5 he added maybe 15 inches this year so for that reason he is on the hit list. I do not think he will grow much more time to remove him. I do not like to post pics with a lot of info so I can see what everyone thinks he is not a trophy on any of my farms but nothing to sneeze at his right side last year was about 65 inches. I think it is fun to try to decide how old and how big with minimal info on everyone's pics. Just part of it.

I was gonna say 4 or 5 on age, he just looks way more filled out than any of my 3 year old deer. In the area that I hunt he would be a shooter for me I wouldnt even second guess it!

If his last years shed was 65 and he put 15 inches on this year, and he looks to be around 18" wide that puts him around 160" and I just dont know to many ppl that would pass that. Either way good luck with him this fall!

After reading through the post and the responses. I wonder what was the whole point of this. I see post's of trying to get opinions and guesses on scores and the original poster already knows all the info. Why not just just give the info you have and educate others. I was told once to never ask a question that I already knew the answer too. If you want opinions I'm great at that. Ask me.
I thought he wouldn't score well because of his time length but I do think he has the mass. Not much width. I'm guessing mid 140's.
don't shoot unless you have not killed this Caliber of deer before.

I give less info to help others learn to age and score better. If I give all the info out before people will judge on the info giving not there own thoughts. That being said if you are never told what the age and other info is you. You would never no how close you are. Or If you are completely off. Why would you not like to learn more. I am alway open to learning. Right or wrong it should be a learning experience. I thought that is what this web site was for meeting and helping other hunters.

NIce buck. The shooter or not? is so personal it cannot be answered. I know for me it'd be "nope...hope he lives 2 more yrs". We make the decisions we do b/c of our circumstances, it's all we can do.

Top Bottom