Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

shooting house

codywright

TENRINGER
With my kids getting a little older and wanting to tag along hunting I am wanting to make it more bearable for them at the young age and not ruin them. So I was wondering for the money what type of shooting house is best going to suit my needs. There will probably be 2 to 4 in shooting house at a time. I also want to be able to shoot bow out of this house. Also an elevated one. I like the stump but it is a little out of my budget. Thanks.

Take a look at Shadow Hunter blinds. They make several. We own one and I believe it is an excellent value for the money.

I also posted about this. Search treestand/treehouse. People posted some nice pics.

Just read all the articles. I will be talking to them at the Classic this year. Thanks for the info.

Lick creek on here are great. I have 5 of them & I'll be getting more. I have not ever hunted in Shadow Hunter, etc though. Happy with LC, their prices, etc. Excellent choice! order early, they have lots of work and I would imagine it won't work well to wait 1 month before season to order them. You can also get them totally custom made if you want, say window height for example. Sweet deal!

It takes one member of your group with a little bit of knowledge regarding construction, etc. but the most reasonable way to put one up is build your own. We have less than $600 and a bunch of hours invested in the "camo condo".

P1020559.jpg

This was built primarily for muzzleloader and shotgun hunting, so the windows are horizontal (1'x2'), but it would be easy to add a vertical window or two in key places for bowhunting.

P1020561.jpg

In the 6 years it's been up I'd hate to guess how many hours my kids and I have spent in it...a bunch! It's 8x8 and about 6.5 feet high on the high end of the mono slope. We frequently hunt with 3 in it and have plenty of room...4 might be a little cramped but I think you could make it work. Just for fun, here's the most recent hunt from it when my son filled an antlerless tag during youth season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NR5Cu2fn6sg

NWBuck

Lick creek on here are great. I have 5 of them & I'll be getting more. I have not ever hunted in Shadow Hunter, etc though. Happy with LC, their prices, etc. Excellent choice! order early, they have lots of work and I would imagine it won't work well to wait 1 month before season to order them. You can also get them totally custom made if you want, say window height for example. Sweet deal!

So what does one of these blinds run?

Top Bottom