Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Shop Remodel

Looks great Ishi. Are you blind nailing or face nailing?

Here's my project. Finishing a 60x110 foot shop.
Walking on concrete all day is killing me.
20240808_095940.jpg

I have about everything done except for some trim on top. That will be a winter project but I had enough to do where the deer are getting hung.
IMG_7503.jpeg

IMG_7506.jpegIMG_7502.jpegIMG_7505.jpeg
The garage door cover up went pretty good.
IMG_7504.jpeg
We started hanging up deer a few hours ago and should be finished this weekend

A week ago I had 7 deer hung up then faced an unexpected delay! I finally had all day Friday to work on it and finished it this morning!

Every mount was cleaned with 30 psi of compressed air then wiped down with an Equine hair gloss spray.

IMG_7539.jpeg
On each traditional mount I put a spacer block to get them out a bit from the wall and adjusted each hanger the same to keep an even look plus I can change mounts up if needed or desired.

IMG_7508.jpeg
First deer is my middle son buck. He asked if I wanted it with the group….. heck yes I was up the hill the day he shot it and heard his bow on the shot.
IMG_7532.jpeg
East wall and a cut out where the tv will go.

IMG_7535.jpeg

North wall in the main room
IMG_7536.jpeg

West wall
IMG_7537.jpeg
Cell phone cameras leave a lot to be desired so here’s a 27 second video if you choose.

I have more planned for the room and will wait till winter to proceed.

Last edited:
Wow Ishi, that is an absolutely beautiful shop! Some amazing buck too, always loved the piebald you got a few years ago! Well done!!!
Hope all is well with you and your wife.

The room looks great. I m jealous. I m in need of a dedicated trophy room. I have 3 African mounts headed my way sometime this year and I m not quite sure exactly where they are going yet.

Also thanks for the mount cleaning tip with the equine coat cleaner. All my deer are in need of a major cleaning this winter. Good project for a college football Sat. with a sixer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom